Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   front end lift (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3437)

boomer 01-14-2006 07:06 PM

3 questions, 1,does the lift change anything with the warrenty and 2 does it put any undo strain on anyother parts and 3 why is thier such a differance in height between the front and the back ends

boomer 01-14-2006 07:06 PM

3 questions, 1,does the lift change anything with the warrenty and 2 does it put any undo strain on anyother parts and 3 why is thier such a differance in height between the front and the back ends

f5fstop 01-14-2006 11:06 PM

Could be numerous reasons why.
It could be due to aerodynamics, crash worthiness, hard to say, unless someone talks to the designer.
Personally, I can't see it voiding any part of your warranty; possibly, the torsion bars, but don't believe so.

humdoug 01-17-2006 10:47 AM

There are many topics on this issue. Do a search under torsion bars.

StarsnBars 01-17-2006 02:48 PM

I finally raised my T-bars 2-1/2 turns yesterday to get ready for the 35's I ordered Fri. Man what a difference. Its not quite level now but it has a bad arse stance. I parked next to a friend at works H3 and they look like to different rigs.Gotta guit looking out the damm window for that UPS truck,,,drivin me crazzzzy waitin for those new Pro-Comps. Ill get some pics out hopefully by the weekend. :-)

humdoug 01-17-2006 03:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarsnBars:
I finally raised my T-bars 2-1/2 turns yesterday to get ready for the 35's I ordered Fri. Man what a difference. Its not quite level now but it has a bad arse stance. I parked next to a friend at works H3 and they look like to different rigs.Gotta guit looking out the damm window for that UPS truck,,,drivin me crazzzzy waitin for those new Pro-Comps. Ill get some pics out hopefully by the weekend. :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget to get the front end checked for alignment. I had mine checked after 2 1/2 turns and the left toe was out a bit. Sure looks fine don't it. It should be the standard look from the factory.

StarsnBars 01-17-2006 03:25 PM

Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug.

Hummie3 01-17-2006 04:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarsnBars:
Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UPS called your order was sent to the wrong location and it will take 3 MORE weeks to correct the problem...

Not really... Can't wait to see the pictures.
It feels great when you drive past another H3 without the torsion bar tweek and they look trying to figure out what the differance is.

humdoug 01-17-2006 10:19 PM

Yea was planning on getting it checked when I take it in to get the speedometer recaled for the new tires. I checked it yesterday with our late model stock car toe guages and it looked OK but I hadnt drove it yet. Thanks for the tip humdoug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I took it in to have the front end aligned I made sure the tech knew I adjusted the torsion bars for two reasons. 1) incase he needed to make adjustments he knew he wasn't starting from a factor setting and 2) to see if anyone mentioned a warrenty issue. No issue, only a lot of "that looks sweet".

hmer 01-21-2006 06:29 PM

humdoug where in PA u got ur H3????