Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Mounting OEM Brush Guard Help! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34285)

Pacey 05-30-2008 08:33 PM

Mounting OEM Brush Guard Help!

OK I am definately no DIY King, but after having sucessfully installed the hood handles, I now got adventurous.
I am thinking of ordering the original GM brush guard and install it on my '06 H3 on my own. I was just wondering if anybody already got some experience and can tell me whether it's easy without drilling or not? Also any instructions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

kjh_sweden_H3 05-30-2008 09:21 PM

Re: Mounting OEM Brush Guard Help!

Just installed it on my truck! piece of cake! no drilling!

//Johan ,SWEDEN

Sewie 05-30-2008 09:24 PM

Mounts between bumper and tow hooks using existing bolts. I took mine on and off several times with no help. The only difficulty will be if you have the hex bolts in the back of the tow hooks. There are tricks to getting those out though. Just search the forum.

H3slate 05-31-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
Mounts between bumper and tow hooks using existing bolts. I took mine on and off several times with no help. The only difficulty will be if you have the hex bolts in the back of the tow hooks. There are tricks to getting those out though. Just search the forum.

:iagree:

I had the hex bolts behind the tow hooks and ended up taking off the lower bumper to gain access to them. Other than that it is a pretty straight forward install.

timgco 05-31-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3slate
:iagree:

I had the hex bolts behind the tow hooks and ended up taking off the lower bumper to gain access to them. Other than that it is a pretty straight forward install.

You can always just drill those out instead of removing the bumpers. Only the first productions H3's had that is I remember correctly.

fourfourto 05-31-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
You can always just drill those out instead of removing the bumpers. Only the first productions H3's had that is I remember correctly.

Yeh the early builds had those ,if you have the GM emblem under the H3 its a early build.
I was told they could be twisted off by putting a bar to the tow hook bracket afte you remove the hooks ?

Sewie 06-01-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
Yeh the early builds had those ,if you have the GM emblem under the H3 its a early build.

Not all early builds though. I took delivery in July '05 and I didn't have those bolts.

blindzebra 06-01-2008 06:25 PM

Hell mine just screwed right off. No worries. OEM brushguard fits every year so far, and the hex's aren't even needed in any models. They're just anti vibe