Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brake question - Does your pedal pulsate one time? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42708)

pdxrealtor 07-08-2012 05:31 PM

Brake question - Does your pedal pulsate one time?

Does your brake pedal pulsate one time upon pressing it quickly? At the top of the stroke....

You'd tap the pedal quickly, not necessarily with a lot of pressure and get a pulse or otherwise could be described as a slight bounce back before continuing down in its path.

If you all could check and let me know I'd appreciate it.

Mine used to and now it does not. Yesterday the truck didn't want to stop in relation to how much pressure was being applied to the pedal.

racer24 07-09-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Brake question - Does your pedal pulsate one time?

It's the ABS brakes. They all pulsate when you push them down hard.

pdxrealtor 07-09-2012 06:23 PM

As I described above?

What I'm talking about is a SINGLE pulse or bounce back and can be done in park.

pdxrealtor 07-10-2012 04:02 AM

Anyone?

pdxrealtor 07-11-2012 05:29 PM

Would a few of you please tap your brake pedal next time you're in your truck, and let me know if you get what I described above?

racer24 07-14-2012 01:42 PM

I tried it and nothing. Nothing you describe. Might have the booster going bad.

pdxrealtor 07-15-2012 10:27 PM

Thanks for trying it out.

I think what might be going on is unrelated to the brake pedal action I describe above. This started after the tire company put the new wheels on. They cleaned up the calipers with what I assume was brake cleaner.

I'm thinking the calipers were so dirty that it effected the abs sensor and the problem I'm having is the abs is wanting to kick in too early.

VegasMike 07-16-2012 01:18 AM

If you think it's the ABS, can you remove the ABS fuse from the fuse box and see if the problem goes away?

I have no clue if that will cause an engine light or anything, maybe someone can confirm or deny that.

pdxrealtor 07-16-2012 01:33 AM

I did take the ABS fuse out, and the TC and ABS light comes on. The symptoms are the same but happen much later into pedal depression than when the fuse is in and the sensor kicks in prematurely.

I'm putting on new hubs next weekend, which have the sensors. So we shall see.

I'll tell you what... Our Acura MDX has 80k on it and never had more than an oil change. I don't see how you spend 60k on a truck that starts ****ting out in 50k. Blows my mind...