Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tire/rim and train horn recommendations ?? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33229)

deathshead67 03-13-2008 07:44 PM

Tire/rim and train horn recommendations ??

I'm looking to get some black rims maybe rockstars, what is the largest tire and rims I can get without a lift.Maybe the leveling kit to bring up the front but thats it. I drive mostly in the city ( in New Jersey) but looking foward to some off-roading (nothing to crazy) !! And I'm looking to get the loudest air/trains horn available for around $500. What should I get? Thanks!!!

finall 03-15-2008 01:53 AM

Re: Tire/rim and train horn recommendations ??

I too am looking for the loudest horn I can find. The OEM horn on the H2 sounds like it came off a Honda. It should have something as loud as the truck is large.

I would perfer an electric horn, since this would be much easier to install. Saw an article about someone finding a loud electric horn (135db?), but I do not recall where it was.

Maybe someone can help?

Takecover 03-16-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finall
I too am looking for the loudest horn I can find. The OEM horn on the H2 sounds like it came off a Honda. It should have something as loud as the truck is large.

I would perfer an electric horn, since this would be much easier to install. Saw an article about someone finding a loud electric horn (135db?), but I do not recall where it was.

Maybe someone can help?

Me too, I would love a train horn!!!! TTT

finall 03-17-2008 03:56 AM

No, not a train horn. The sound of these will get you arrested or your H2 keyd. Neither is very much fun these days.....

PaHumBug 03-17-2008 01:34 PM

If you google train horn kits you will find lots of options. I don't think you'll get keyed or arrested as long as you are carefull and responsible with it. I would leave your stock horn there, and put a separate button for the train horn to use when appropriate.

Motohead 03-20-2008 02:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Go to www.hornblasters.com they have a bunch of different kits. I have installed 2 of them on my own vehicles, including my H2. They are around 150db.

Just be careful when using them. I usually won't use them while driving next to vehicles, because you can really freak someone out and cause an accident. Although I do use it if some jackoff does something stupid though. It's fun though scaring some people walking down the sidewalk or 30 people sitting at a bus stop. :shhh:

brad_p 03-20-2008 03:49 AM

37's on 20s with a little rub, no life

kalantar 03-21-2008 03:49 AM

Went to two different tires shops today. One place told me you can only fit 33's without lifting the other said 35s is the max.:notallthere:
On this forum everyone is saying 37x12.5 can be done... I personally would love to have 13.5 for the wide stout look..

Can owners chime in...

phazer42 03-21-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalantar
Went to two different tires shops today. One place told me you can only fit 33's without lifting the other said 35s is the max.:notallthere:
On this forum everyone is saying 37x12.5 can be done... I personally would love to have 13.5 for the wide stout look..

Can owners chime in...

I know several H2 guys that have 37x12.5 tires on the stock setups.... your "tire-shop" must soley be looking at the OEM stuff....