Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   California Bound (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44562)

ryaleon 10-31-2013 07:09 PM

California Bound

Tomorrow I will be setting off in the 08 Deuce for a California trip. Approximately 1100 miles one way.

Any advice or comments for me??

guruerror 10-31-2013 11:55 PM

Re: California Bound

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryaleon
Tomorrow I will be setting off in the 08 Deuce for a California trip. Approximately 1100 miles one way.

Any advice or comments for me??

Have fun...and don't take any sh!t from them cally tree huggers!

ryaleon 11-01-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Have fun...and don't take any sh!t from them cally tree huggers!

I'm from Texas, we don't take **** from anyone haha.

Egan 11-01-2013 02:13 PM

Enjoy your visit.

You'll really learn to appreciate Texas. :)

jsbihn 11-02-2013 12:30 PM

Cali versus Texas... Appreciate Texas.... Yes
1100 miles at 12 miles a gallons... Appreciate a Prius... Yes :giggling:
Well Unless you have your own private oil well and gas supply :D

Either way, Have a good trip.
I have been stationed in both Cali and Texas, and I can say there are pluses and minuses to both. But hey I could say that about anywhere :o

:beerchug:

Z06RB 11-02-2013 09:47 PM

It should be a nice comfortable trip in the H2.

Rico001 11-02-2013 10:48 PM

Watch your speed and maybe get a radar detector with laser if you already do not have one,,, have fun and remember you did not buy a HUMMER cause you wanted to save gas , you bought it to haul

ryaleon 11-03-2013 01:13 AM

I am here in san Diego right now. I averaged 13.6 mpg (hand calculated not dic) at pretty much 70 mph the whole way

guruerror 11-04-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico001
Watch your speed and maybe get a radar detector with laser if you already do not have one,,, have fun and remember you did not buy a HUMMER cause you wanted to save gas , you bought it to haul

Haul? I bought mine to go over sh!t... :)

jsbihn 11-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Haul? I bought mine to go over sh!t... :)

:iagree:

I bought it as a nice truck that can almost go any where (and because I missed the H1s I drove in Iraq that could go anywhere, and I could afford this rig easier)

The crappy gas mileage is just the downside
(well that and all the "gremlins")

But this rig will be with me for a LONG time. Crappy gas mileage and gremlins included

cecil-1 11-07-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbihn
:iagree:

I bought it as a nice truck that can almost go any where (and because I missed the H1s I drove in Iraq that could go anywhere, and I could afford this rig easier)

The crappy gas mileage is just the downside
(well that and all the "gremlins")

But this rig will be with me for a LONG time. Crappy gas mileage and gremlins included

Yup the uparmored 1114's were fun to drive but woulda really been fun if they had a duramax and Allison.

The H2 would be nice on 1100 mile trip. But I wouldn't want to feed it that far.
I'd have to drive the car.

cecil-1 11-07-2013 03:26 AM

And I agree I'm not gettin rid of the H2 any time soon.
If gas gets to high it'll be driveway art instead of DD.

HummerMann 11-16-2013 03:33 PM

I did 6000 miles in my H2 this summer to Alaska and I got nothing but thumbs up the entire way. On long trips you'll find out how really comfortable those seats are and you can't beat the view you get from up in the H2.

H2Miami 11-18-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico001

No need for a radar to watch the speed . Just set the Fuel AVG on screen and you will be careful of your speed every sec ... works good for me :D

Have fun

guruerror 11-18-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2Miami
No need for a radar to watch the speed . Just set the Fuel AVG on screen and you will be careful of your speed every sec ... works good for me :D

Have fun

That's funny...and true.