Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New H3 Owner (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35399)

J0eyJ0n3s 09-15-2008 05:10 PM

New H3 Owner

2 Attachment(s)
Hey...!

Last weekend I bought a new 2008 H3...love it so far! Sort of a necessary impulse purchase in that two weeks ago my house was broken into, and along with a bunch of electronics they took my car (2000 Subaru Outback Ltd) and burned it to the deck...!! Works for me just fine, as I was able to justify a new Hummer!
Hopefully soon to be attending a Hummer Happening, or a dealer-sponsored event where I can start learning some off-road techniques...!
Anybody out there know of anything I need to look out for with the 2008 H3s...?

ctupton 09-15-2008 06:10 PM

Re: New H3 Owner

Welcome fellow newbie... got mine about 2 weeks ago and live on the other side of metroplex from ya. If you find out about some local offroading stuff let me know.

I gotta take mine in tomorrow, have a horrendously loud fan or something that won't turn off, and then passagner side seat belt doesn't like to latch... but other than that I'm really enjoying the truck.

Texas Red 09-15-2008 06:34 PM

Welcome. Yours looks just like mine, from what I can tell. I like it with the black mirror backs and door handles, instead of chrome. Were the 2009 H3's on the lot? I suppose they made you a pretty good deal on the '08. I've had mine exactly a year now.

J0eyJ0n3s 09-15-2008 06:52 PM

ctupton - yeah, if I learn of anything as far as off-road areas around here, I'll be sure to post what I find out...as far as actually going, I need to build up a new set of tools (recovery stuff, spare parts, etc...). I used to have most of that stuff when I lived in Colorado - used to have a Tacoma that went off-road farily well, but sold that for the Subaru, and so never needing the tools I sold 'em.

Texas Red - thanks, yeah I like the black stuff better too, although honestly I didn't spend much time looking at options...really was an impulse buy (albeit driven by necessity). As for 09s on the lot, dunno...I got it at Sewell just off the tollway (not sure if there are other Hummer dealers in Dallas), and it looked like they had a few demos, maybe a few lease returns, and the rest new, but I don't recall seeing anything tagged as 09. And yeah, the deal was super - by the time it was all said and done it was about $10000 off - that was the clincher for me...originally went to look at an Xterra, but with the deals GM has running on the Hummers now, I couldn't say no...

HummerMann 09-19-2008 01:02 AM

Nice looking H3!! You'll love it:perfect10s:

fw888 09-19-2008 02:39 AM

welcome...is that an adventure series ?

CUZICAN 09-19-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw888
...is that an adventure series ?

Nope, just look at the tires that's the easiest way to tell the difference.

I hope you enjoy your new H3. I know I loved mine. I wish I would have been able to keep the H3 and the new H2 but couldn't justify both at this time. Definetely jump at the chance to go on a Hummer Happening. It is probably one of the best and safest ways to learn how to start offroading in your H3. Plus you get to hang out with a bunch of other cool people who own Hummers.

J0eyJ0n3s 09-19-2008 02:56 PM

FW888 -
Hmmm...well, I don't think it's an Adventure Series...to be honest, I didn't really ask - the H3 purchase was sort of an impulse buy, and I didn't really do any research at all into them. My car was stolen a few weeks ago and burned to the ground, so I needed something else...happened to stop by the dealership, saw the deals, liked the truck, and bought it right then and there...had been considering Xterra, but I'm pretty sure I'm happier withh this!

Cuzican -
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Happening(s) - myself, I don't really expect to get real involved with any real hard-core off-roading (but then again, we knoe how these things just sort of happen!), but I think they sound like a really great way to get an intro to the basics. And yeah, it also seems like a great way to meet a lot of cool people as well...!

RubHer Yellow Ducky 09-19-2008 08:45 PM

welcome to the funny farm...

J0eyJ0n3s 09-19-2008 09:15 PM

Ha, yeah...I'd been lurking for a bit, and it does seem that the patients are running the asylum...!

hummeraddict 09-20-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0eyJ0n3s
Hey...!

Last weekend I bought a new 2008 H3...love it so far! Sort of a necessary impulse purchase in that two weeks ago my house was broken into, and along with a bunch of electronics they took my car (2000 Subaru Outback Ltd) and burned it to the deck...!! Works for me just fine, as I was able to justify a new Hummer!
Hopefully soon to be attending a Hummer Happening, or a dealer-sponsored event where I can start learning some off-road techniques...!
Anybody out there know of anything I need to look out for with the 2008 H3s...?

Congrats! I just got my 08 h3 in july. mine's red. i'm lovin' it.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 09-20-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Ha, yeah...I'd been lurking for a bit, and it does seem that the patients are running the asylum...!

PATIENTS !!!

HELL, this has been going on so long we're the children of the original patients !!!

Why DRTY is my father and DENNIS is my uncle........:clapping:

OH, and you should see my sisters and female cousins...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"incest is best"

3Hummer 09-21-2008 03:12 AM

awsome looking H3, love that color

J0eyJ0n3s 09-22-2008 03:02 PM

Ducky -
'...Sisters and female cousins...'
Ha - hmmm, well then let's see some pics of these sisters and female cousins...!!!

RubHer Yellow Ducky 09-22-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Ducky -
'...Sisters and female cousins...'
Ha - hmmm, well then let's see some pics of these sisters and female cousins...!!!

lookup woodshed !!!

J0eyJ0n3s 09-22-2008 10:46 PM

HAHAHahahahaha....(I grew up in Wisconsin, I know what you mean!)

:jump: