Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Key for OEM roof rack is missing! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28883)

finall 08-06-2007 06:42 AM

Key for OEM roof rack is missing!

Just bought a used 06 H2 with a brushed aluminum OEM roof rack. There are 4 keyholes on the roof rack ends. What are these for? I did not get a key from the original owner. Should there be one or more (ie. are they all keyd alike?). Where do I get a key for this OEM option?

dеiтайожни 08-06-2007 07:03 AM

Re: Key for OEM roof rack is missing!

You know those key holes? They aren't key holes at all. Just decoys. They are used to catch potential thieves that think they are key holes and goto dealerships or internet forums asking how to get a key, so they can steal from their target. Their information is logged and if any thefts are reported, they can check the database. It's a pretty neat setup, actually.

timgco 08-06-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finall
Just bought a used 06 H2 with a brushed aluminum OEM roof rack. There are 4 keyholes on the roof rack ends. What are these for? I did not get a key from the original owner. Should there be one or more (ie. are they all keyd alike?). Where do I get a key for this OEM option?

Are the cores missing too? or are you just missing the key? If the cores are there, you will see a number. THere are only a few different numbers. I may have one for ya if you have the number.

IRA51 08-06-2007 04:19 PM

with the number on the cylnder and a VW gas key blank a locksmith can cut you a key ,dont pay more than $35.00 for a cut key .

finall 08-09-2007 07:07 AM

Got key from dealer. $20.20. Done. Thanks. Life goes on....

audiofetish 08-09-2007 04:42 PM

Hope you got a free tube of Vaseline with that! :giggling:
Retail for the keys is $15. I just got one from Hummer yesterday for $9.
But if you were like me, I needed it then and was willing to pay whatever they wanted......;)

OrangeCrush 08-10-2007 03:15 AM

Are you guys talking about the key locks in the end of the tubes? If so, you guys got ripped paying 15/20 bucks for them.

Hell, my dealer gave them to me for free.

Ya'll need a better dealer.

Mark

jmsspratlin 08-10-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finall
Got key from dealer. $20.20. Done. Thanks. Life goes on....

I have some extras that a good fella sent me from this forum. I wish I had seen this before you purchased, I'd sent it to you for free. Oh well...

finall 08-15-2007 05:22 AM

Where were you guys when I needed the key. A little too late......Thanks anyway.

Agriv8r 08-15-2007 08:23 PM

we have extras we hand out...

LV_H2 08-17-2007 05:26 AM

So how many different "keys" are there out there for all of the Hummers on the road? Is it key E001-E009 for everyone?

If so, the security of my bicycle on my new Hummer roof-mounted bike rack comes into question.:crying:

corman 12-06-2008 01:16 AM

hi guys i too just bought a 2007 h2 and never recieved the key for my oem roof rack....would a dealer have it on the spot.??

also never recieved a owners manual any clue if i can download a 2007 manual???

sadisking 01-23-2010 01:47 PM

i couldn't find owner mans to dowload but i did find a place you can order one its called helminc.com it cost 30.00 if you complain to the dealer they may reinburse you mine did.

sadisking 01-23-2010 01:50 PM

i need a roof rack key if anyone can help comingofsad@yahoo.com

pdxrealtor 01-23-2010 08:15 PM

I need one also.... If anyone has an extra.

NJ H2 01-23-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Hope you got a free tube of Vaseline with that! :giggling:
Retail for the keys is $15. I just got one from Hummer yesterday for $9.

--------------------------
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Hell, my dealer gave them to me for free.

Mark

-------------------------

Free ... OMG you got so ripped off!!
My dealer gave me the keys for free but also a free bagel with cream cheese, a chocolate chip cookie, a cup of coffee and a free car wash and I have a GOBI! :clapping: :D

Faustus100 01-23-2010 09:56 PM

I need one too for my 2003-willing to pay:beerchug:

splne1 01-25-2010 04:49 AM

DITTO!!!! Looks like we all need the damn key!!! LOL Im willing to pay also!!!:jump:

OrangeCrush 01-25-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ H2
--------------------------

-------------------------

Free ... OMG you got so ripped off!!
My dealer gave me the keys for free but also a free bagel with cream cheese, a chocolate chip cookie, a cup of coffee and a free car wash and I have a GOBI! :clapping: :D

NO, YOU got ripped off...

I forgot to tell you that the hot secretary gave me a bj for having such a hot looking truck.

It was part of GM's get a key, get a free bj campaign...

You must have missed the commericials...

:fdance:

Mark

OrangeCrush 01-25-2010 01:58 PM

For those of you that need keys, you need to post the number you need. I've got a few extra (I've given away 4 already) but don't know what numbers you need.

List 'em...

Mark