Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Daytime Running Lights changed ??? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17371)

HumbleAg 06-07-2006 01:48 AM

Daytime Running Lights changed ???

Was being followed on the highway today by a brand new H3 (paper plates) and noticed the DRL's were different from mine.

Instead of the parking lights being on, the headlights were on in "very dim" mode like GM trucks used to be. No tail lights were on, so I know it must have been the DRLs.

Anyone know if this is a change they made recently (and why)?

Under Texas law it used to be illegal to drive with parking lights on, I don't know if it still is. I wonder if that is an issue.

Sewie 06-07-2006 07:30 AM

Re: Daytime Running Lights changed ???

I read that on another forum and thought it was BS until I saw one with the new DRL's the next day. Anyone with info want to confirm why it was changed.

HummerNewbie 06-07-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
I read that on another forum...

WTF Sewie :confused:

You are only allowed to read this forum! :mad: ;)

Steve - SanJose 06-07-2006 08:46 PM

Mmmm interesting. I like the way the H2's run the fog lights as DRL's (I'm assuming that's the standard setup on H2's).

S.

usetosellhummer 06-07-2006 09:05 PM

Just got my rig last week, will try to check that, is it just me or is their no room for nothing in the front. Can't find a place to put my sheeet so it's in the cup holder then wife wants to pop a drink in. Just noticed today it pretty freakin cramped in the front. ya with me?

timgco 06-07-2006 11:14 PM

I heard a rumor that if you have the new DRL's, you get upgraded diffs. that don't fail and 50 more hp.:D

HummBebe 06-08-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
I heard a rumor that if you have the new DRL's, you get upgraded diffs. that don't fail and 50 more hp.:D

Shut up??? Really???:D

Disnydad 06-08-2006 12:59 AM

My H3 was produced in March of this year and has the dim headlamps for DRL's.

deserth3 06-08-2006 01:09 AM

My H3 uses the headlights for DRL's. I thought that was standard. I did notice the rental they gave me used the marker lamps. I just figured that was something special the rental company requested. Guess I was wrong.

HummerHippy 06-08-2006 03:02 PM

For the cost of a few headlights once in a while, I drive with head lights on full on, day/night rain/shine. It's a safety thing for me. I think there's a reason why school buses and motorcycles do the same thing (besides the law). So far, the xenon HID lights on the current vehicle have lasted 100K miles of being on all the time. Gunna hate to replce them when they go though.

f5fstop 06-08-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
Just got my rig last week, will try to check that, is it just me or is their no room for nothing in the front. Can't find a place to put my sheeet so it's in the cup holder then wife wants to pop a drink in. Just noticed today it pretty freakin cramped in the front. ya with me?

Try driving a Corvette C5. Hell the console is only 1 inch deep. To me the H3 seems like a large cavity just waiting to be filled with worthless junk. There are even pockets in the door panel, a very deep console, and a glove box that will acutally hold the owner's manual and a pair of gloves.

usetosellhummer 06-08-2006 05:45 PM

ok you got me, it would take a shoe horn to even get me in a vette. But i had a badass Aztek and it had room for all kinds of stuff (including the ugly comments)

Desert Dan 06-08-2006 06:40 PM

You can turn off the DRL while driving but when your restart the engine they come back on.

f5fstop 06-08-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
ok you got me, it would take a shoe horn to even get me in a vette. But i had a badass Aztek and it had room for all kinds of stuff (including the ugly comments)

Yea, but you had to look at the rear end of the Aztec once in a while...didn't you:D

GM is coming back with the Aztek, here is a spy photo of the next generation. Not much room inside, but it can haul a lot of s**t in the back, and the axles are really large, and it offers a very big diesel.

deserth3 06-08-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

GM is coming back with the Aztek

Yeah!! I want one!!!! Tell me now you didn't see me. Ha!

JWSchmidt3 06-08-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
Try driving a Corvette C5. Hell the console is only 1 inch deep. To me the H3 seems like a large cavity just waiting to be filled with worthless junk. There are even pockets in the door panel, a very deep console, and a glove box that will acutally hold the owner's manual and a pair of gloves.

Amen brother!!! LOL

Tommy36998 06-09-2006 10:48 PM

Mine works either way.........yellow corners on or wht dim in front

Sewie 06-09-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy36998
Mine works either way.........yellow corners on or wht dim in front

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Which comes on you start the truck?

fourfourto 06-10-2006 12:01 AM