Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   H2 paint job (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5177)

hmer 11-23-2005 01:33 AM

how much would it be ? im in the east cost PA area...

hmer 11-23-2005 01:33 AM

how much would it be ? im in the east cost PA area...

HGW 11-23-2005 01:39 AM

I am in central NJ and have some greta painters---what are you planning?

A large cost part of the cost is taking the H2 apart for paint and we have a shop here where we can do that, store it, and then send the body, etc. down the road for paint.

OrangeCrush 11-23-2005 02:20 AM

A paintjob in my shop for an H2 would be approx. 7500-8500 bucks.

Everything is done in basecoat/clearcoat. Materials for a vehicle the size of the H2 would cost about 2K.

Everything on the vehicle is removed. We do not mask anything. The vehicle is refinished, wetsanded and buffed and then reassembled. (everything looks like glass when it leaves)

Hope that gives you an idea.

Mark

hmer 11-23-2005 02:28 AM

thanks alot guys just need it a clue on what i was going to get myself into.

KenP 11-23-2005 03:23 AM

Don't paint it until you join us at Paragon in January.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 11-23-2005 09:21 PM

It would depend on how much customizing you want and if We had to air brush things you wanted or hand line much. It would run around $8000 to up as much as You wanted. We remove everything including the windows so there is no old paint found on the rig anymore. It would depend on flames or murals. We could do a paint job up in the 20K range easily it all depends on what You want to do. Perfection is all We live for. Our shop boss walks up and if he sees something in the door no one else sees and he is the onlty one that sees it it does not matter it gets redone all the way back to the metal.
My guess in My paint job material is going to be 3k to 4k as this is the 3rd time as the boss has not liked how it turned out and it has been taken back to the start. He knows I was not being that picky but, He says he does not care what i think it is His reputation when it is out in the public and at shows. It represents MSA and HC everywhere it goes so it will be perfect. OK is all I could say.He is sick and working Himself staying late and it was His decision. That is how we are at anything even if it is just in for billet to be put on or custom interior with audi/video.

TAZ

strongrhino 11-24-2005 02:14 AM

I know that Orangecrush can paint!

MSeeb 11-24-2005 02:19 AM

I was quoted $ 9,500.00 to repaint my 05 LUX blue from a reputable shop in Indianapolis. Fortunately, they came out with the blue limited edition, so now I don't have to worry about repainting.

Sportsdude 12-14-2007 06:35 AM

Re: H2 paint job

Instead of trading in my 2005 H2 and pay another $60K, I was thinking of painting it GM SABB Jet black mettalic. Anyone on the West coast that is reputable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

Everything is done in basecoat/clearcoat. Materials for a vehicle the size of the H2 would cost about 2K.

Everything on the vehicle is removed. We do not mask anything. The vehicle is refinished, wetsanded and buffed and then reassembled. (everything looks like glass when it leaves)

Mark

jmsspratlin 12-14-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

Mark

Mark,
Is that door jams, rear gate jam, etc.? Great price if so

tower 12-14-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsdude
Instead of trading in my 2005 H2 and pay another $60K, I was thinking of painting it GM SABB Jet black mettalic. Anyone on the West coast that is reputable?

Yes, Golden Hammer in West L.A. Ask for Mike and tell him you are a friend of mine.

Also,Pacific Ford in Long Beach. My friend, Marcus is the foreman. They have done my black H2 many times and also installed my door buckets for me.

tower 12-14-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsdude

Yes, Golden Hammer in West L.A. Ask for Mike and tell him you are a friend of mine.

Also, Pacific Ford in Long Beach. My friend, Marcus is the foreman. They have done my black H2 many times and also installed my door buckets for me.

Sportsdude 12-15-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tower

Also, Pacific Ford in Long Beach. My friend, Marcus is the foreman. They have done my black H2 many times and also installed my door buckets for me.

Thanks Tower. Any idea on what it will cost to do the entire H2?

tower 12-15-2007 06:59 AM

Sorry, I don't. My insurance always covered it.:dancingbanana: