Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Wheel Protector..help! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17115)

The Green Lantern 05-28-2006 01:24 AM

Wheel Protector..help!

I wanna know if these will fit on the H3 stock rims, anyone knows where to get them? These are 16.5" for H1...thanks.

http://www.adv4x4.com/16sostpr.html

Anti-BlInG 05-28-2006 02:21 AM

Re: Wheel Protector..help!

Ive been looking at these for a while. Im not sure if theyll fit, couldnt you just go to a fab shop and have them cut some from stock? Black wheel protectors would look good on your rig...do it!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!

The Green Lantern 05-28-2006 04:24 AM

I was wondering how they mount on the wheels...

StarsnBars 05-28-2006 03:07 PM

Probably a zeus fastener thats attached to the rim. We use mud rim guards on our late model stock car that attach that way, and by the looks of that pic ,, its looks similar. Just a guess though..

Anti-BlInG 05-28-2006 06:11 PM

you could always use 3m double sided tape.............:D

dochummer 05-28-2006 06:43 PM

I think those were listed on ebay at one point. I emailed the guy and he said they only fit the H1. If you want some for the H3 or H2, rubberduck4x4 had them...

The Green Lantern 05-28-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochummer
I think those were listed on ebay at one point. I emailed the guy and he said they only fit the H1. If you want some for the H3 or H2, rubberduck4x4 had them...

Sweet!! :D , I checked the site but couldn't find them, the H3 in the pic looks great, I WANT THOSE! thanks..:D :D

dochummer 05-28-2006 07:35 PM

rubberduck4x4.com
then click on H3 at the top. It'll take you to the H3 section...

The Green Lantern 05-28-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochummer
rubberduck4x4.com
then click on H3 at the top. It'll take you to the H3 section...

Sweeeeeettt!!!, thanks A LOT Doc. I will get a set. :D :D :cool:

dochummer 05-28-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
Sweeeeeettt!!!, thanks A LOT Doc. I will get a set. :D :D :cool:

Feel free to buy me set for my h2 too? :D

Anti-BlInG 05-28-2006 09:56 PM

How many per set? Doesnt say. I know a 5th would be useless, but it would look preeeeetttyyy damn cool on the spare.

StarsnBars 05-29-2006 03:53 PM

Did I see that price right ? 500$ smackaroos? Yikers, that kinda steep for me. They are way cool, but I would rather see hard plastic rubber than steel. I guess they will show the trail badges though.

usetosellhummer 05-29-2006 03:55 PM

I don't like the look on the 3, but anythink over stock is an improvement

Beastmaster 05-29-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsnBars
Did I see that price right ? 500$ smackaroos? Yikers, that kinda steep for me. They are way cool, but I would rather see hard plastic rubber than steel. I guess they will show the trail badges though.

Sorry, but unless you run 2 piece steel beadlocks (that can be hammered into place if you dent the crap out of the rim), you need these if you do ANY sort of moderate rock to hardcore off roading. Kill the bead = you're stuck...

I got similar things for my truck (predecessors to what Rubberduck sells) and as soon as my wife gets through the break in period on her truck, we're getting a set for hers as well.

Unless you're using something like Delrin or some other high tensile PTFE based polymer, steel is the best thing. And the cost of a similar strength PTFE item to steel is at the same cost point, so why not use steel?