Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MOVE OVER H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4010)

muskyman 02-12-2003 09:36 PM

just incase nobody has heard...Studebaker today at the chicago auto show introduced there new XUV...and its pretty similar looking to a H2

and the word in auto week says GM has something to do with it.

it costs 75K

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there

muskyman 02-12-2003 09:36 PM

just incase nobody has heard...Studebaker today at the chicago auto show introduced there new XUV...and its pretty similar looking to a H2

and the word in auto week says GM has something to do with it.

it costs 75K

Firebreather 02-12-2003 09:54 PM

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...ek/Default.htm

looks like a cross beteen H1 AND H2.

ktower_heels 02-12-2003 10:22 PM

Looks longer than the H2; kinda like the Suburban is to the Tahoe.

HummerTeam 02-12-2003 11:48 PM

That is just creepy...

http://www.HummerTeam.com
Travis - North Texas

Allen 02-13-2003 02:03 AM

Mr Musky...this talk about your begining question....comparing or better yet actually asking someone opinion about another SUV that looks like the H2. Isn't this a Hummer forum? Whats all the chit chat about other trucks besides the H2. Be careful, you may actually get some responses and someone may acuse you of bringing up subjects that are not worthy of the Hummer forum

hummer17 02-13-2003 02:07 AM

What a rip-off of the Hummer design.

I hope GM sues em.

By the way - nice 2X4s holding up the interior - is that a standard feature?

TonkaH2 02-13-2003 02:11 AM

Yeah, I notice it's right next to the Avantis -- another 'timeless' design... whatever!

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order [forever]
Alaska to ??? June '03
www.sunspotnatural.com

muskyman 02-13-2003 02:12 AM

allen,

man i sure hope you kidding?

if this isnt something of interest to people here what is?

may be this?

hummer ramp test

Allen 02-13-2003 02:14 AM

First, the link does not work. Second, I was referring to your rude comment on the Rubicon VS H2 post.

Steve R 02-13-2003 02:21 AM

I can not F'in believe what I'm seeing!! First there was that weird proto-type new jeep-thing, and now this. What a total rip-off. Let me think about this.....um....ahh...who cares.

The one thing you can't fault them for...at least they know which brand is worth copying!

From what I see, it's longer and a bit narrower...and it looks like there was some bizarre insect influence involved in the design. I don't buy it!

HUMMER: LIKE NOTHING ELSE!

brianfriend 02-13-2003 02:25 AM

Allen,

You sound like one of my kids when someone else makes fun of her bicycle. They become defensive about everything else. Don't be such a baby.

If it can break it can be fixed.

JohnnyBoy 02-13-2003 02:30 AM

Everyone wants a HUMMER. No matter what they say. Deep down inside the Hummer in everyone will come out.
If you can't drive the real thing, then why not a rip off of the real thing.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
http://www.haugens.com

muskyman 02-13-2003 02:43 AM

see thats the funny part the Hummer is a compilation of a number of other vehicles, so in some ways its also a rip off vehicle.

just to relate why I started this thread I thought that people here would be intrested.

to think everything is just an attemp to piss people over here off is just crazy, you guys need to just sit back and enjoy. I honestly posted this just to provide something for guys to chat about...thats what forums are for.

thom

brianfriend 02-13-2003 02:53 AM

musky,

make that like work PLEASE.

If it can break it can be fixed.

HeeHaw 02-13-2003 03:07 AM

Interesting. Being copied is flatering. Musky, good post!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww

kelleymac2000 02-13-2003 03:09 AM

Okay, interesting enough, but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what's up with the design and color? Just not for me, but thanks for posting MM.

Kelley

muskyman 02-13-2003 03:31 AM

yea kelley I thoughnt the same thing ,its truley ugli!!

but then again studebaker was always one ugli car after another so at least they stayed true to form.

I knew brook stevens, he worked on and off trying to polish a number of studebakers designs over the years,when I was 16 i worked next door to his automobile museum and from time to time eat lunch with him out back of the car restoration place i worked at. he once walked me thru the whole museum telling me car for car the story behind each. when we got to one I remember him saying "and this is the ugliest car ever built"...it was a studebaker!

it looks very pieced togather to me, that front bumper looks like a safari guard and from the pics on the news today it ruins the front approach angles. but then again I dont see many of these ever making it to the trail. they will end up in collections looking stupid.

thom

HeeHaw 02-13-2003 03:35 AM

Will anyone buy this thing? Oops I forgot, People actualy buy the MB G500! So I guess they will buy one of these.

By the way, I test drove the G500 and it SUCKED! The salesman said "We only made these for people who wanted a big SUV and didn't mind wasting 75K"

I guess that answers my question!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww

kelleymac2000 02-13-2003 03:37 AM

Then in a few years no one will be able to find parts for them...oh wait...it IS a Studebaker, right? And we all know their reputation for workmanship and sales.

The only upside is that the next time some religious group focuses on a "what THIS prophet would drive" maybe they'll pick on something other than a Hummer.

Kelley