Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Light Bar and Headlights (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40471)

twr 11-02-2010 02:38 AM

New Light Bar and Headlights

Hi these are pics of my new billet aluminum light bar and starr hid headlights or boobs. Now i can see!!!

My new starr projector headlights or boobs?

It must be cold headlights are on!!!

Tex_h2 11-02-2010 05:32 AM

Re: New Light Bar and Headlights

Nice Job!!

twr 11-02-2010 10:31 AM

Hi Tex, thanks

dvl57 11-02-2010 02:33 PM

Tracy,

did you make the light bar?
what kind of lights are those that you are running on the bar?

looks great!

almost look exactly like mine (w/o the bar of lights):D

twr 11-02-2010 04:42 PM

Hi Don, the headlights are Starr just like yours but I changed the bulbs to 6000k. I made the light bar because no one makes a billet aluminum bar that I know of. It's also black powder coated. The 3 lights on the bar are hid spot lights with internal ballasts. They are wired to a remote relay under the hood with an anntena so their is no wiring inside the truck. I can mount the on,off fob anywhere in the truck with 2 way tape it works up to 30 feet away. They do go off with the key to. I hope this helps.

seventwozero 11-02-2010 06:01 PM

Nice clean look and nice welds!

Not to piss in your Cheerios or anything but the term billet litterally means "bar of metal," and is generally refered to a part that is milled from solid metal. It appears you used a square and flat stock welded together, not actually milling the bar from one large stock of aluminum, thus the piece is not actually "billet."

:dancingbanana:

twr 11-02-2010 07:10 PM

Hi seventwozero, glad you like it. Also no problem with the word billet. I should have wrote its made from 6061t6 aluminum billet bar stock and then machined on my milling machine and welded together. I hope this corrects any misunderstanding of what I meant.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Look up billet in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Billet may also refer to:

Billet (semi-finished product), a semi-finished cast or rolled product
Billet (bar stock), a colloquial term for bar stock

Sportsdude 09-10-2011 11:31 AM

How are the headlights working for you? I was thinking of getting a set but @ $1000, I'm not sure if it's worth the cost.

twr 09-10-2011 03:23 PM

Hi they are still working fine i think its almost 1 1/2 years now