Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Express Sunroof WORKS! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8163)

LasVegas 01-29-2005 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've noticed some interest in the express sunroof on some of the newer H2 for '03's. Here's a link to a product that may work if any are interested.

http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=WC1000 Talk to Tom @ ext 312

Got it today, installed & works GREAT! One touch & it opens all the way. One touch & it closes. One more touch & it tilts open. Just touch anywhere while it's traveling & it stops there. Great upgrade for only $40 bucks plus shipping. Here's pics & some hints to shorten install time. Oh I need to add to the install instructions the processor is small enough to just lay inside the overhead console. Enough foam it won't rattle. <span class="ev_code_RED">My H2 is an '03. Confirm the wiring in your H2 is the same before making connections.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">
Install revised 3/20/05. The following is current</span>

LasVegas 01-29-2005 03:56 AM

I've noticed some interest in the express sunroof on some of the newer H2 for '03's. Here's a link to a product that may work if any are interested.

http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=WC1000 Talk to Tom @ ext 312

Got it today, installed & works GREAT! One touch & it opens all the way. One touch & it closes. One more touch & it tilts open. Just touch anywhere while it's traveling & it stops there. Great upgrade for only $40 bucks plus shipping. Here's pics & some hints to shorten install time. Oh I need to add to the install instructions the processor is small enough to just lay inside the overhead console. Enough foam it won't rattle. <span class="ev_code_RED">My H2 is an '03. Confirm the wiring in your H2 is the same before making connections.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">
Install revised 3/20/05. The following is current</span>

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 01-30-2005 02:06 AM

Thanks Vegas
My 05 does not have express sunroof. Post any other info You find out.

TAZ

RAM H2 RYDER 01-30-2005 02:26 AM

I'm interested too, my 05 does not have an express sunroof.

intimidator 01-30-2005 10:22 AM

i am a gm tech. i whent on techline and checked 03' 04' and 05.none have express sunroofs. the sunroof mentioned in the other thread probobly is not factory.

89vette 01-30-2005 01:32 PM

I have an 05 and it has express open and express close so the techline is wrong. My 05 was built in October. It was delivered to the dealer and I brouhgt it home the day after it arrived. I must have a fluke or something.

timgco 01-30-2005 02:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
I have an 05 and it has express open and express close so the techline is wrong. My 05 was built in October. It was delivered to the dealer and I brouhgt it home the day after it arrived. I must have a fluke or something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my 05 SUT has this also.

LasVegas 01-30-2005 03:27 PM

So vette & tim. Just in case I decide to try this mod, one touch closes the roof and if you touch it again it does the tilt open?? I'm pretty sure the product I found will work for open/close but just wondering about the tilt open part with express.

H2 SVO 01-31-2005 07:57 AM

Okay...so I am feeling left out...

I have a 05 SUV and one of the first bitches I had was that the sunroof did not have an express open or close. Its a pain it the ass since it is quite a large sunroof and takes a LONG time to open and close while you are waiting there.

Is this somthing I am suppose to have??

My 02 Denali had an express open sunroof and I thought it was kinda odd that the H2 didnt.

intimidator 01-31-2005 09:00 AM

so i take it that the sunroofs are factory.i had my parts guy compare parts from 03'04and05 the only difference was that in 05 they changed the motor and sunroof control module.but if i go to tecline and check the description and operation and repair procedures there is no mention of an express open option?

89vette 01-31-2005 04:25 PM

Yes mine is factory. In Express close mode, if you simulate getting your head caught in the opening, it will reverese and go all the way open.

Las Vegas, since mine is factory I'm not sure how to answer your questions.

LasVegas 01-31-2005 05:00 PM

Checked with AutoLoc this morning. They talked with their tech support and assure me this will work with our sunroofs. Also, the little processor is only about 1" thick so hopefully it will fit inside the roof console making a very easy install. I ordered one and will post the results with install info later this week.

KenP 01-31-2005 06:45 PM

intimidator, If I read your post correctly, I should be able to purchase the module and switch for some '05's and change them with the ones on my '03 and have an express roof. Is that correct?

LasVegas 01-31-2005 07:24 PM

Ken...you might want to look at this product before going there. I think it will work without changing modules, etc. http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=WC1000

I'm installing this week.

intimidator 01-31-2005 10:05 PM

ken that would be a sunroof control module and a motor. the switch hasn't changed since 03.

KenP 02-01-2005 02:27 AM

Jonahs, let us know how the install goes.

H2 Bill 02-01-2005 04:07 PM

We are all eagerly waiting!! Sounds great.

LasVegas 02-01-2005 05:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Bill:
We are all eagerly waiting!! Sounds great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's shipped. Should be here tomorrow or Thurs. Let you all know how the install goes & if it works.

H2 Bill 02-03-2005 10:08 PM

Hey LasVegas did you get the module today? Looking forward to see how it turns out.

LasVegas 02-04-2005 12:48 AM

Got it & installed. See 1st post above for pics/install. Works GREAT!