Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Wireless Start-Up? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20807)

RoyalH3 09-27-2006 05:25 AM

Wireless Start-Up?

I was really thinking about installing a remote start system in my truck but a guy at my dealership told me that it screws aroudn with the stock security system and coudl possibly shut down the car.... As cool as a remote start is, i dont want to be stuck in the middle of downtown at night without a car. Anybody heard different?? If you already have one, which one shoudl i be looking at for an H3? Thanks!

dеiтайожни 09-27-2006 05:48 AM

Re: Wireless Start-Up?

You won't have any problems if it's installed properly.

I have the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5.

fourfourto 09-27-2006 04:33 PM

My auto start was installed in january no problems.:D

marin8703 09-28-2006 01:21 AM

hey if i install the Clifford system, can i (well the installer actually) remove the stock security completely or will that still stay in and somehow interface with the clifford?

Also dei, what range do you get, i mean for the remote?

dеiтайожни 09-28-2006 01:47 AM

The stock security system won't be removed, just bypassed. If it's a pretty open area I can get the advertised 1/4 mile range. The more buildings, cars in the way the closer you need to be, but it still has good range.

fourfourto 09-28-2006 02:24 AM

Mine works off the factory remote. You hit lock 2X and it starts.:D

To extend range hold it against your nose :clapping:

marin8703 09-28-2006 02:58 AM

dei (or whome ever else may know), couple more question if you dont mind,

it looks like there is a wizard for the avantguard versions. does the wizard work with the matrix rsx 3.5, or is there one that works with the rsx? i took a look at the wizard and it has some useful functions that you can change yourself without an installer.

and why did you choose the rsx 3.5 over the avantguard 5, other than the reponder technology which i beleive the avantguard does not have?

thanks!

dеiтайожни 09-28-2006 03:19 AM

Not real familiar with Avantguard, but I've never really had a need to use most of the features you can only program with those wizards. It also doesn't appear to have the responder remote with screen, which I like. I went with the rsx 3.5, because it's pretty much exactly like viper 791xv which I had on my last car and did a lot of work with. It has a cooler looking remote though.

cjandnw 09-29-2006 03:10 PM

Re: Remote Starter / Alarm systems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an addtional bypass kit needed in addition the actual remote starter system. There was not even any question whether the system could be installed on my 06. I've had it for a week. NO PROBLEMS. I am very pleased with the system. Install took about 4 hours. I suggest you pay for it prior to the install date and leave your ATM, Credit cards home. 4 hours alone in Circuit City with Credit cards is extremely dangerous.

hopefully the links work:

Starter: Valet 561R Remote Start/Keyless Entry

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...c=1&oid=119099

Bypass: DEI GM Immobilizer Bypass

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/DEI-G...oductDetail.do

Good Luck

H3HUMMER 09-29-2006 07:22 PM

I had mine installed with the factory alarm and remote. The only thing you do not get the 3000 feet distance or what ever it is but the factory distance is good and i did not need that ant. on the windshield.Works fine

RoyalH3 09-30-2006 06:35 AM

ok so im thinking about going with the Matrix RS 2.1 remote starter. (same as the Matrix RSX 3.5 but without the security stuff)
Fourfourto--- How did you program the remote starter on the stock controller/remote??? Id like to do that instead of using the one that the package comes with. Could you program it so if you hit unlock then lock it turns on? Or both at the same time?

fourfourto 09-30-2006 11:25 AM

I had it done by installer,so i dont know how it was hooked up,someone else might.

mountainbiker 09-30-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
I had it done by installer,so i dont know how it was hooked up,someone else might.

Do you know the manufacturer of your remote start to find out more details?

fourfourto 09-30-2006 08:56 PM

Its a DEI remote start thats what it says on the warning label.I have it set to shutoff in 12 minutes. no problems since January.:D

mountainbiker 09-30-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

It's a DEI remote start

It uses the Hummer key fob/remote and not a DEI remote. Is that correct?

Quote:

I have it set to shutoff in 12 minutes

How do you "program" the time?

fourfourto 09-30-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainbiker
It uses the Hummer key fob/remote and not a DEI remote. Is that correct?

Yes it can use factory remote or you can get a DEI remote

How do you "program" the time?

You can program a few diferent times i think 12 22 32 ect I had installer do it .

H3HUMMER 10-02-2006 01:39 AM

This is where i had mine done with the factory remote give them a call maybe
they can tell you over the phone.

http://automilecartoys.com/home.htm

marin8703 10-02-2006 03:29 AM

hey, anybody have LoJack installed on their truck? and has anyone had any experience with it, has a vehicle been recovered for you?

fourfourto 10-02-2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marin8703
hey, anybody have LoJack installed on their truck? and has anyone had any experience with it, has a vehicle been recovered for you?

No need for lojack.
Onstar has gps tracking:D

RoyalH3 10-02-2006 04:06 PM

I just talked to Car-Toys in dallas. They said that since all i want is the remote start system, the Valet remote start would work just as good as the clifford. Anybody heard about this Valet system? For those who have a clifford, did you have to install a module to trick the car to think that there is a key in the ignition or did you just install it using what came in the box?