Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SERV TPM, i did the search . . . (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38393)

Rred 10-28-2009 06:53 AM

SERV TPM, i did the search . . .

Okay, I'm done reading the search threads. I have the Serv TPM light. Got it. I just had new 315/75r16 tires put on. still the light continues. I'm assuming I have a bad sensor in one of the five tires. How can a figure out which one it is? Or what else should I do?

wpage 10-28-2009 11:58 AM

Re: SERV TPM, i did the search . . .

You need to reset the system...
Check the owners manual for the process.

fourfourto 10-28-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
You need to reset the system...
Check the owners manual for the process.

:iagree: Did they rotate in the spare.(that will do it)
Make sure psi is at 35 if you had 33's low tire will go on when under 32psi.
Reseting is a PITA but can be done without dealer

Rred 10-29-2009 05:43 AM

Thing is, I had this light before I had the tires changed out. I've had it for a minute now. Tire pressure isn't the issue. It's not on all the time either. It didn't come on today. But it was on yesterday. TPM has a mind of it's own. This is one of the things I hate about technology. It's just one more thing to go wrong. It's not really an issue causing anything bad, but it's anoying as he!! to see the light on.

fourfourto 10-29-2009 01:44 PM

A couple of times (maybe 3)the service TPM came on when traveling through the mountains when there was a 20 deg + temp change(colder) within a minute or less/There was fog also(moisture).
It goes off within a few minutes.(or when truck is restarted)

Yeh if the spare was rotated in or low psi the low tire would come on,not the service.

Maybe it has to get use to the lower temps in Alaska.

H306Eddie 10-30-2009 04:43 AM

Red what light is on?...the serv. tpm in the data center or the tpm icon? If it is the serv tpm in the data center one of the sensors is bad. The bad thing is there no way to tell what one is bad. It took the dealer 3 tries to find the bad sensor on my H3.

Rred 10-31-2009 12:25 AM

It says SERV TPM on the info center.

H306Eddie 11-01-2009 06:19 PM

Mine appeared on the info center also. It would come on for about 5 minutes then go away. But after taking it to the 4 times they found that the front passenger sensor was bad. They replaced it under warranty.

Rred 11-03-2009 07:45 AM

i'm out of the manufatures warranty. is there a plug or a fuse i can pull? i really don't care for the TPM when i'm running low psi down the trail anyway.

H306Eddie 11-04-2009 10:17 PM

They told me at the dealer that there was to no way to disable the sensors.