Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Transmission Problems (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4105)

H2Girl 01-24-2003 03:22 AM

Has anyone had any problems with there's yet? I'm at 8400 miles and mine just let go. At first it started to slip at the end of the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts then came a grinding noise at the shift point. This all happened when I was 300 miles from home. I almost made it home, just 10 more miles, when something let go and the fastest I could drive was 45mph at 4k rpm's. Good thing they put a transmission temp gauge, so I could freak out more as I watched it climb to 300. Well, off to the dealership tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take a month! Does anyone know if GM uses the same tranny in any of there other trucks?

H2Girl 01-24-2003 03:22 AM

Has anyone had any problems with there's yet? I'm at 8400 miles and mine just let go. At first it started to slip at the end of the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts then came a grinding noise at the shift point. This all happened when I was 300 miles from home. I almost made it home, just 10 more miles, when something let go and the fastest I could drive was 45mph at 4k rpm's. Good thing they put a transmission temp gauge, so I could freak out more as I watched it climb to 300. Well, off to the dealership tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take a month! Does anyone know if GM uses the same tranny in any of there other trucks?

Sandra 01-24-2003 04:22 AM

Hate to say it we had it replaced at approx. 3000 miles It seem to work great ever since it only took our dealer 3 days 10,000 miles current.

JJ 01-24-2003 05:13 AM

Sorry to hear about it... I haven't had any issues yet, 3200 miles. My understanding is that the tranny is a heavy duty version of GMs standard truck transmission. Thanks for posting - hope this isn't common.

JJ

Texas Red 01-24-2003 12:11 PM

I'm over 5000 miles with no problems. I haven't even experienced any backlash noise which several others have noticed.

TonkaH2 01-24-2003 04:36 PM

It is reported to be a new transmission just for the H2, but it may just be a built up version as JJ said. I've had a number of transmission problems with my Tahoes and Suburbans.

Would you mind posting this in the regular forum so more people can comment?

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order [forever]
Alaska to ??? June '03
www.sunspotnatural.com

Bill Kervaski 01-25-2003 01:50 AM

Texas Red, can you please describe what you mean by "Backlash Noise"?

Thanks.

- Bill

H2Girl 02-10-2003 03:16 AM

Two weeks and still waiting for a tranny for my truck. The service people told me that the valve body was defective and the tranny was burnt from driving it. They will not rebuild it and are waiting for a replacement that's shipped from the factory. It figures, whenever it snows. I'm without my truck to play around in.