Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How often do you get flashed? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27612)

devilsfan 06-11-2007 06:49 PM

How often do you get flashed?

....headlights, that is. :)

When I first got my H2 on 2003, it seems like there was a stronger bond between H2 owners. Like an elite club. About 90% of the other H2s I'd flash (headlights again) would flash back. Now, it's like 1 for 30. Are more H2 owners getting stuck up, or are they just too stupid to figure out how to flash their lights?

Stacy

DRTYFN 06-11-2007 06:57 PM

Re: How often do you get flashed?

I still give a hand raise wave. But too many bovine-like people drive our beloved brand now.

DennisAJC 06-11-2007 06:58 PM

Sheep are considered bovine?

Agriv8r 06-11-2007 07:22 PM

40% wave/light flash....

ROX 06-12-2007 12:52 AM

On my side of town I get waved at, (for the most part). On Drty's side of town, I get the finger. :confused:

Today I saw a pewter H2 with almost all the same bling I have, including my wheels. I was so happy!:beerchug:

(((echo))) 06-12-2007 01:03 AM

i get neither:violin:

3Hummer 06-12-2007 01:14 AM

Unless i see an H3 exactly like mine i normally never get the wave. From the H1 owners i get it though. Probably becuase they realize i actually enjoy the Hummer for what it is, they probably notice that by how i look at their car

BlueHUMMERH2 06-12-2007 02:10 AM

I wave at all the different models. We have so many driving around town now. I feel sort of like the big man on campus now with the H1... :D

ChiHummer3 06-12-2007 03:33 AM

I've gotten a lot of waves form H2's. Not so much with the 3's. I've gotten some waves from Jeepers too. :o

MDimitri 06-12-2007 07:31 AM

Nicely timed thread, I just got back from Edmonton and most of the owners up there waved or flashed the lights...here in Calgary it's the complete opposite...either they are blatantly stupid and have no idea as to how to wave or flash their lights or they are just so stuck up they decide to turn a blind eye to other owners...I don't get it?!?! If you look at motorcycle owners they all wave to each other no matter what type of motorcycle they ride, perhaps there is something to be learned there....

Damn, in Red Deer they practically climb out of their trucks while they are driving just to say hello! way to go to to all the Hummer owners in Red Deer Alberta!

:beerchug:

frenzy1 06-12-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
On my side of town I get waved at, (for the most part). On Drty's side of town, I get the finger. :confused:

Today I saw a pewter H2 with almost all the same bling I have, including my wheels. I was so happy!:beerchug:

:D

I never get flashed, 'cause there are NO hummers around. Maybe 10 in total in my country...

Frenzy
Belgium

ps : but I do get STARED at all the time by other drivers...

HummerHippy 06-12-2007 02:30 PM

No flashes. I wave to H2 and H3 drivers.
And even FJ's :giggling: (for the comradery of an offroad vehicle)

Adam in CO 06-12-2007 02:33 PM

If I were flashing/waving, I'd probably notice more.

Tim once yelled at me for not waving to another H2 while I was giving him a ride to the Hummer dealer in Colo Spgs. It's the last time I gave him a ride anywhere.

Agriv8r 06-12-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks

:beerchug:

:jump:

H2bill 06-13-2007 01:41 AM

I thought you meant the lifting-up-their-blouses kind of flashing. That happens to me almost every day around here. :dancingbanana:

mikejr 06-13-2007 02:47 AM

I'd say i get waves from about 60% of the H2's and about 30% of the H3's. Not too many H1's around here.

mikejr 06-13-2007 02:48 AM

Like Mdimitri says bikes wave to each other and when I had my 82 vette, other vette's always waved. Not sure why its not universal with the hummers.

Hummer Aficionado_VT 06-13-2007 03:12 AM

I always give a thumbs up or a wave, even though I'm not in a Hummer...

bobh002 06-13-2007 04:01 AM

I wave :clapping: but seems like I usually initiate it first..seem like I catch them off guard. I see about 1 or 2 H2's a few more H3's in Delaware each day.

dеiтайожни 06-13-2007 05:21 AM

Every time I see a Hummer, I give the driver the bird. Damn gas guzzlers.