Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Marker light ? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879)

First Hummer 01-02-2006 02:00 AM

What are the marker lights suppose to be hooked into the parking lights or the DRL's.The dealer hooked mine into the DRL'S and I am think this is wrong.

First Hummer 01-02-2006 02:00 AM

What are the marker lights suppose to be hooked into the parking lights or the DRL's.The dealer hooked mine into the DRL'S and I am think this is wrong.

WPBGUY 01-25-2006 07:11 AM

They are supposed to be connected to the parking lights. They come on when it is dark outside.

Mike E 01-25-2006 01:35 PM

I want to buy this kit and install it myself. As far as the wiring on the kit, is there a harness that plugs in somewhere or do you have to hard wire into the parking lights? If so, where's the proper place to wire them?

z 01-25-2006 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike E:
I want to buy this kit and install it myself. As far as the wiring on the kit, is there a harness that plugs in somewhere or do you have to hard wire into the parking lights? If so, where's the proper place to wire them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I got my rear marker kit, it said to hard wire into the parking lights..

z 01-25-2006 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike E:
I want to buy this kit and install it myself. As far as the wiring on the kit, is there a harness that plugs in somewhere or do you have to hard wire into the parking lights? If so, where's the proper place to wire them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike E 01-25-2006 03:50 PM

z, looks cool on the rear! hey, where is your tire?

z 01-26-2006 04:08 AM

z, looks cool on the rear! hey, where is your tire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ran over a branch on the trail and put a hole right smack in the middle of the tread. Time for some real tires...Waiting for my 315/75/16 baja MTZ as I write

RoyalH3 01-26-2006 03:19 PM

where can i get one of those rear marker light kits?

DDWH 01-26-2006 04:45 PM

Nice looking kit.

tony d 01-29-2006 01:49 AM

where can I get the rear marker lite kit also .

hmrlvr 01-29-2006 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think there is an actual kit. I just made one up myself with some LEDs

The Green Lantern 01-29-2006 03:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hmrlvr:
I don't think there is an actual kit. I just made one up myself with some LEDs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup!!, same here

-

z 01-30-2006 03:42 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoyalH3:
where can i get one of those rear marker light kits? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My brother puts the kits together and I test them for free. He's a jeep guy...LED lights

tony d 01-30-2006 04:23 PM

Z so the led kit is $90 and free shipping ? how hard is it to install and wire it up ?

z 01-30-2006 08:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony d:
Z so the led kit is $90 and free shipping ? how hard is it to install and wire it up ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, it took me about 4 hours. Drilling into the hummer was something I took my time on. You have to remove all the swing door panels and then you have to drill a hole up where your rear brake light is then run the wire's down the inside of the door. I could have ran the wire on the outside along the top cover but I decide to do as the instructions stated.
Running the wires down the inside of the door was a little troublesome because the wire would get stuck on the curve of the door between the welding gaps. Removing the top cover was more difficult than removing the bottom cover...so if you ever drilled into a car you should be fine. The wire connections are simple.