Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   05' Desert Sand (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278)

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I didn't want to post driveway shots, but I wanted to get these up as soon as possible. My mods include Gobi Rack w/ tire carrier, Rancho 4'' Lift, 17x8 American Racing Mojave (Teflon) wheels w/ 37'' BFG MT's, Gobi ladder, SMA heavy duty brushguard with PIAA 525's, and a set of Hella Black Magic driving lights.

Getting ready to change the mirror caps and rear license pocket this weekend to black.

Enjoy!

Okay, I didn't want to post driveway shots, but I wanted to get these up as soon as possible. My mods include Gobi Rack w/ tire carrier, Rancho 4'' Lift, 17x8 American Racing Mojave (Teflon) wheels w/ 37'' BFG MT's, Gobi ladder, SMA heavy duty brushguard with PIAA 525's, and a set of Hella Black Magic driving lights.

Getting ready to change the mirror caps and rear license pocket this weekend to black.

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 3

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 4

KenP 09-24-2004 02:32 PM

Nice looking truck. I am sure it has come in handy with all the weather you have been getting.

Arizona Hummerboy 09-24-2004 02:45 PM

Very nice looking rig . How do you like the 37" BFG MT's ? I am looking into getting New Tires for my rig. I like the looks of them and how do they ride?

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 02:56 PM

Ken,

Yes indeed -- after Ivan, it was nice to be able to get out and run over some large trees in the road, when most everyone else couldn't.

Hummerboy,

The ride is virtually the same compared to the stock BFG tires. A bit more noise (I only notice if the radio is off), and just a bit more of a rougher ride(not much).

Longhorn 09-24-2004 03:19 PM

Looks good. Glad to see you got another H2. Thanks again for the Hellas and the Gobi ladder!

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 03:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LonghornRockcrawler:
Looks good. Glad to see you got another H2. Thanks again for the Hellas and the Gobi ladder! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL... Glad to see you are getting good use out of them.

-J

Zing 09-24-2004 03:58 PM

I must admit that's a good looking rig. I'm a big fan of the new desert sand color and your mods are perfect. I would just lose the side bars (your girl will get used to it).

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 04:31 PM

Zing,

Thanks for the compliments! I keep trying to convince her of that, but it just isn't working at this point. She is rather short as it is, so even the stock height was a challenge.

DRTYFN 09-24-2004 05:30 PM

Nice looking rig. I wasn't aware that sand in the desert was olive colored.
Oh yeah, nice black wheels and black grill.

partsguy 09-24-2004 05:35 PM

Who made the wheels.verynice!
Good combo!

Patriot 09-24-2004 06:06 PM

Nice H2!!

Did your dealer do all the work?? Did he wrap it into the sell price??

Adam in CO 09-24-2004 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is awesome! It looks great. I have the same Mojave wheels on order now, was thinking I would line-x or Rhino line the chrome junk (grille, mirror caps, etc.) instead of paint, but that looks incredible.

Thank you for the GOBI support as well! BTW, the axe you have mounted will take less abuse if you put the blade down.

DRTYFN 09-24-2004 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I do have a big problem with the driveway queen- IT'S TOO CLEAN!!!!
The undercarriage is spotless. There had to have been some mud or dirt somewhere on the way home from the dealership.

KenP 09-24-2004 07:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posted by Socrates:
Thanks for the compliments! I keep trying to convince her of that, but it just isn't working at this point. She is rather short as it is, so even the stock height was a challenge. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I had the same problem and my girl is "altitudinally" challenged as well. Just tell her you are going wheeling and need to remove them. Then explain how difficult it was to remove those few bolts. Finally, just don't put them back on. Too difficult.

SOCRATES 09-24-2004 07:57 PM

Drty,

I know, I know, too clean.

Adam,

Thanks for the tip about the axe, just liked it upright I guess. Are you buying the wheels in Teflon or polished/chrome?

The Gobi rack is great!

Patriot,

I did all of the work except the lift.