Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Other h3 forums (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37171)

Stardumb 04-02-2009 05:43 AM

Other h3 forums

Is there one big forum that always has new posts? There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on this one. I'm not trying to be rude.

Lex_Ordo 04-02-2009 12:14 PM

Re: Other h3 forums

No, you're right. I haven't been on for about 7 months, and came back recently to check in so to speak. It seems that the novelty of the Hummer brand is wearing off, so there isn't as much activity.

There are a few other sites too, but again, not much going on.

fourfourto 04-02-2009 07:10 PM

Where you been Lex ?
Im going camping at smiths point next weekend,beach is closed as of today but I called the ranger and said it should be open by next weekend.

I used to log on here a few times a day,now its a couple times a week.

Orazids 04-02-2009 10:21 PM

Yea I just got my H3 and was looking for a forum. Like one general forum like there was for my last car. I came along this one and the then one other. hummerforums.com neither one have much activity.

Lex_Ordo 04-03-2009 10:50 AM

Hey FourFourto,
Well I've been playing around with a new toy. I still have my H3, and plan on changing out the wheels for the new H3T factory steel wheels. Also, I keep having that same problem with my roof rails cracking. 2nd time around.

Fortunately I discoverd that GM changed the design of the rail slightly, but the new part number only exists for one side of the truck. Under my '06 VIN, the other side is still the old part #, meaning the old design. I've been trying to get GM involved, but of course they are useless, so I will probably just buy the new '08 set with the new part numbers.

So here is a pic of the new truck. I am presently restoring it. We're just about there. probably by the end of the month.
It's a 1971, made by AM General, so in a sense it is the Hummer's big brother.

wpage 04-03-2009 01:01 PM

Hey Lex,
Long time no see...
That 71 is a beast! They don't make em like they used to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex_Ordo
Hey FourFourto,
Well I've been playing around with a new toy. I still have my H3, and plan on changing out the wheels for the new H3T factory steel wheels. Also, I keep having that same problem with my roof rails cracking. 2nd time around.

Fortunately I discoverd that GM changed the design of the rail slightly, but the new part number only exists for one side of the truck. Under my '06 VIN, the other side is still the old part #, meaning the old design. I've been trying to get GM involved, but of course they are useless, so I will probably just buy the new '08 set with the new part numbers.

So here is a pic of the new truck. I am presently restoring it. We're just about there. probably by the end of the month.
It's a 1971, made by AM General, so in a sense it is the Hummer's big brother.

fourfourto 04-03-2009 02:50 PM

Lex ive had the rail replaced 2 times and there not cracking
Im out of warranty so if they crack again ill leave them(you can hardly see the crack anyway(maybe some epoxy ?)

That 71 is a monster what are your plans for it ?

Last check at smiths point beach still closed(they have to remove claeup equipment ?)

Lex_Ordo 04-03-2009 10:55 PM

I drive it everywhere. It is a real looker. It's already painted up cab fwd. I'm just replacing the bed now. That pic is from begining of Oct, last year.

HummerJim 04-03-2009 11:46 PM

Stardumb if you use the search feature you can find volumes of information on the H3 here. I guess those of us that had one when they came out had problems that we discussed, but now they've improved the H3 a lot and they are still a ball to drive. F5stop knew more about the Hummer than I'll ever know and Builder as did Humguy kept us all in the loop of what was happening. Another reason there were more posts is that there were more new owners. They were selling a lot more H3s and H2s than they are now. They were still making the H1 Alpha when the H3 first came out and Hummer had a lot more products on the table.
I've seen almost every kind of modification on an H3 and tires you wouldn't believe. There are those people that have to have the newest thing and after two years look for the next newest thing. Early problems were with the roof marker lights, leaking and making noise, the plastic cracking, the I5, noisy brakes, and some window trim problems that all have been solved. I've decided if they kill the brand, I'm going to buy an H3 park it for future use and use my H2 as my daily driver. A Hummer is the only vehicle I ever want to drive! Feel free to post away and liven things up.

Dave92270 04-04-2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerJim
A Hummer is the only vehicle I ever want to drive!

well said!!

:beerchug:

usetosellhummer 04-12-2009 02:58 AM

This place died years ago

Mr_Pat 04-14-2009 12:42 AM

All the Hummer site trafic is down... I hit about 4 Hummer sites and this is one of the more busy ones...

rhill20 04-14-2009 03:27 AM

traffic isn't down at CHO. I like to hit ALL of the forums for tech info. I really don't think that you can get everything from one place. But there seems to be a strong congregation over there.

Mr_Pat 04-14-2009 04:04 PM

wow that have a whole 500 threads there about H3's :clapping:

Vs.

8,500 here

:perfect10s:

usetosellhummer 06-06-2009 04:58 AM

Thats why I like it