Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Out on the lines (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24046)

blindzebra 01-22-2007 05:34 AM

Out on the lines

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Austin/Desktop/hummer%20006.JPG[/IMG]

jdrew 01-22-2007 05:36 AM

Re: Out on the lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindzebra
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Austin/Desktop/hummer%20006.JPG[/IMG]

:OWNED: :giggling:

try again... :D

(Just teasin' ya a little)

blindzebra 01-22-2007 05:36 AM

blindzebra 01-22-2007 05:36 AM

O god bless

blindzebra 01-22-2007 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one pic

jdrew 01-22-2007 05:39 AM

:clapping: :beerchug:

Cool pic!

blindzebra 01-22-2007 05:42 AM

we wheeled about 9 miles of trail all good. When we were done, I parked my truck. The parking brake slipped and it roled down a small hill to a bigger one and then into a tree at about a 50% grade. Bent the brush guard and front cross member, broke grill and plastic bottom, ripped off left front fender, bent driver door hinges, and bent the panel under the fender. Wasn't even in the Damm thing. Good thing was it pulled itself right out of the ditch and off of the tree.

I need a hug:crying:

jdrew 01-22-2007 05:45 AM

:eek: :crying:

What a horrible end to a great ride, eh? Sorry to hear that happened...

I haven't had a chance to wheel mine, but reading stories like that reminds me of how bad my luck usually is...

:grouphug:

bjc 01-22-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

we wheeled about 9 miles of trail all good. When we were done, I parked my truck. The parking brake slipped and it roled down a small hill to a bigger one and then into a tree at about a 50% grade. Bent the brush guard and front cross member, broke grill and plastic bottom, ripped off left front fender, bent driver door hinges, and bent the panel under the fender. Wasn't even in the Damm thing. Good thing was it pulled itself right out of the ditch and off of the tree.

:grouphug: Dude that sucks.

I assume you have a five-speed? I really have to step hard into my parking break to get the truck to stay still on the slightest of grades. I've been meaning to adjust the damn thing, and I think your story just gave me the motivation.

When you recover, post pics of the carnage!

frenzy1 01-22-2007 10:11 AM

:beerchug:

NEOCON1 01-22-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

thats a bummer :grouphug:

marin8703 01-22-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

thats horrible, but at least you had fun before rite. :grouphug:

blindzebra 01-23-2007 12:48 AM

does anyone know if normal collision or comprehensive covers offroad driving?

CrisB 01-23-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Hell No! You gotta make something up if you want it covered, but then again, that's called insurance fraud.

:grouphug:

blindzebra 01-23-2007 05:09 AM

Rock on. No questions asked. When I told nationwide what happened they said no problem. I will have it in the shop in 2 days. In the words of Peter Griffin, "Friggen sweet!":excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

felsmann 01-23-2007 08:45 AM

I almost sounds like GM should pay for it. The E-brake shouldn't fail like that. Next time put it in gear.

Crash ? 01-23-2007 03:43 PM

I was thinking that almost sounds like a warranty claim.. The parking brake should hold the back tires locked on almost any grade.. The tires should slide before the brakes give...

H3PAC 01-24-2007 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOCON1
thats a bummer :grouphug:

You're not serious....a bummer? as in, "that's a bummer about your Hummer?
Attachment 35480 :giggling:

blindzebra - I can imagine what it must have felt like to see your nice H3 drive itself into a tree. Glad to hear you're getting it fixed without a hassle. Just think of how you'll look back on this some day and laugh. I know it sounds cruel, but I sure wish I could have seen the expression on your face as you realized you were driving your H3 down the mountain without your butt attached to the seat. :giggling: Sorry....I couldn't resist sharing that. I really do feel bad for you. It certainly could have been alot worse - even tragic. Hey, come on guys, before you think I'm a heartless jerk, you can't tell me that the humorous part of this didn't pass through your mind, even if briefly. I'm just being honest. We all have things like this happen to us in the course of human folly. Guess I better toss an extra five into the collection plate next Sunday! Anyway, post pics of the before and after and I hope things go well for you. You certainly deserve a break.:D

NEOCON1 01-24-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

just tell them you ran off the side of the road . you just dont tell them how far off the road :giggling:

evldave 01-25-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

They covered mine when I backed it into a tree (not on the road). $3k to fix the truck and insurance only went up $13/month. I wonder if they will pay to fix the rear bumper & passenger side wheelwell since I recently backed it into another non-moving object...