Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   anyone import a h2 from US to Canada?? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409)

dna 06-16-2005 03:52 AM

I'm in the market for a 2003 H2. I live in Vancouver BC and plan to import from the US. Here in Canada, one with 30,000 miles (or 50k kms) sells for $51k cdn or $41k us. In the US, an equivalent H2 sells for about $35k US (at least $6k cheaper).

Anyone import one into Canada? Were there any modifications that had to happen to certify it as a Canadian vehicle? I have imported my 1999 Indian Chief from the US and it was a piece of cake. I'm hoping a H2 will be as simple.

By the way, why the @#$% are H2, Indian m/c and almost every other rare or upper class vehicle SO much cheaper in the US than in Canada? I guess it is the supply/demand rule at work. Though really makes it a pain in the ass to get a good deal like you guys in the US get every day.

Thanks

dna 06-16-2005 03:52 AM

I'm in the market for a 2003 H2. I live in Vancouver BC and plan to import from the US. Here in Canada, one with 30,000 miles (or 50k kms) sells for $51k cdn or $41k us. In the US, an equivalent H2 sells for about $35k US (at least $6k cheaper).

Anyone import one into Canada? Were there any modifications that had to happen to certify it as a Canadian vehicle? I have imported my 1999 Indian Chief from the US and it was a piece of cake. I'm hoping a H2 will be as simple.

By the way, why the @#$% are H2, Indian m/c and almost every other rare or upper class vehicle SO much cheaper in the US than in Canada? I guess it is the supply/demand rule at work. Though really makes it a pain in the ass to get a good deal like you guys in the US get every day.

Thanks

Black 05 06-17-2005 11:28 PM

I am also in Canada and would like to import a 2005 Corvette.

DRTYFN 06-17-2005 11:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, I don't know... maybe it's because there has to be a way to offset that "free" healthcare you guys are always bragging aboot. LMAO!!! Someday people will understand that there's no such thing as a free lunch or free healthcare.

KenP 06-18-2005 02:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>First problem is you're in BC. Everyone knows that's trouble. For the most part, nothing but freaks live there.

Second, Yes. One or two on the forum have imported there. And yes, they are freaks.

As far as Indian's and HUMMER's being cheaper here, well, they're made here. And you all are freaks.

Just ask your BC buddy aboot it, eh... Damn freaks...

DennisAJC 06-18-2005 04:48 AM

It's Mr Freak to you pee pee boy.

dna 06-18-2005 06:53 PM

From one freak to the another, I see I will fit in perfectly here.

Ah, I know our "free" health system aint perfect, though I and my family (wify and 3 boys) haven't had any probs so far so I don't care. Plus houses don't require you to sell your limbs either like some states in the US. Isn't selling limbs legal in the US?

I do care though how much more nice **** costs here in Canada. I don't mind spending money and buying nice stuff (I rather like it), though I can't stand being screwed (unless it is by a hot babe of course). I will save at least 10k$ CDN by importing.

So, it sounds like others have done the import thing. Can anyone share the experience - were there any mods needed to certify as a Canadian vehicle? The only mods I can image that may be necessary are exhaust and possibly lighting (in Canada, all vehicles must have daylight running lights on 100% of the time which I believe is not mandatory in the US).

Thanks

dna 06-23-2005 12:39 AM

knock-knock

Anyone know of any other good H2 forums? I want info on importing and obvisouly no one here has ever dealt with it. Before I buy one from the US, I want to know of all the obstacles. After all, its not like I'm just importig some smokes or beer - this is a big purchase.

Thanks

DRZDuke 02-04-2008 08:01 AM

Re: anyone import a h2 from US to Canada??

Go to this website www.riv.ca it tells you almost everything that you need to know about impoting from the U.S.

HummBob 02-04-2008 09:07 AM

Dude, this thread is almost 3 years old??

3Hummer 02-04-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBob
Dude, this thread is almost 3 years old??

haha :jump: :OWNED: :fdance:

Rhyno 02-04-2008 07:43 PM

I will answer the 3 year old question!!! Haha. I just imported a 06 H2 L.E. It is VERY easy. after you cross the border with it, you take it to Canadian Tire and they make it so your DRL's stay on all the time (cost $60). That is the only MOD you have to do. My truck was $20,000 cheaper in the USA!!

Tex_h2 02-04-2008 07:43 PM

Hey,
From one Canadian to another, why don't you forget about importing a H2 into Canada and export yourself to the US.......cheaper and a lot more worth it down the road.

I think you'll have to pay Duty on the Hummer.....unless you have a relative in the US, then you can get away with a gift.....no duty.

Rhyno 02-05-2008 12:04 AM

There should be no duty going either way because the are free trade agreement!!!

I wouldn't want to give up free health care!!!

Tex_h2 02-05-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyno
There should be no duty going either way because the are free trade agreement!!!

I wouldn't want to give up free health care!!!

Hate to tell you ..."NOTHING IS FREE!!"

Your not one of these canadians that thinks your health care is wonderful and better then any one else....do you??

Its Not free, its not perfect, or near perfect.....

Rhyno 02-05-2008 02:50 AM

We do pay for it in are Tax's but when you go to the Hospital you don't get a bill when you leave. Thats the last thing you need to worry about when you get hurt or need medical help!

Tex_h2 02-05-2008 03:28 AM

I know that...(Born in ontario).........and yes there is a conveniece in not getting a bill at the hospital....but on the other hand your taxes are so high, plus I'm not sure about B.C but in Ontario you have to pay a yearly Health Care tax per house hold, ontop of you current taxes.

But, because of this "so called Free" thing you get piss poor service when you do go to the hospital. I remember once I was bleeding from the neck from a dog bite, and they still had me fill out a **** load of paper work and sit in the waiting room while I bleed on the floor, for about an hour. One of the reason why I refuse to ever move back to canada.

DennisAJC 02-05-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex_h2
I know that...(Born in ontario).........and yes there is a conveniece in not getting a bill at the hospital....but on the other hand your taxes are so high, plus I'm not sure about B.C but in Ontario you have to pay a yearly Health Care tax per house hold, ontop of you current taxes.

But, because of this "so called Free" thing you get piss poor service when you do go to the hospital. I remember once I was bleeding from the neck from a dog bite, and they still had me fill out a **** load of paper work and sit in the waiting room while I bleed on the floor, for about an hour. One of the reason why I refuse to ever move back to canada.

Never experienced your WT horror.:jump:

The majority of my visits have been pretty quick, professional and courteous here when I need it. Childrens Hospital gives us front of the line priority.

But then again, I am in British Coumbia.:D

frenzy1 02-05-2008 07:49 AM

:yawn:

iccon 02-09-2008 02:40 AM

I have one for sale 03 h2 $8000 in extras new tires DVD
$32500.00 abbotsford email for pics
vince@apexcarts.com