Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41968)

guruerror 11-18-2011 09:09 PM

Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeLH2
Time to hit the mountains!

I like those SUTs so much better with the rear tire delete! Nice!
Do you carry a spare at all?

DeLH2 11-18-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
I like those SUTs so much better with the rear tire delete! Nice!
Do you carry a spare at all?

Not at all, I'll throw the spare tire carrier back on only if I'm going for long trips, other than that the spare stays in the garage....

guruerror 11-18-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Not at all, I'll throw the spare tire carrier back on only if I'm going for long trips, other than that the spare stays in the garage....

Too bad we can just throw them on the hood like the old Landies.

DeLH2 11-18-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Too bad we can just throw them on the hood like the old Landies.

I was debating whether to get the Gobi's Tire carrier for the roof, but it will be a task to mount and unmount due to the size and weight I have to mess with...

guruerror 11-18-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

I was debating whether to get the Gobi's Tire carrier for the roof, but it will be a task to mount and unmount due to the size and weight I have to mess with...

At least with the SUT you can stand in the bed...that would make it easier then getting the tire on top of an SUV.

I could have swore that I saw someone on the forum with a slantback spare tire mount on their H2. I can't find the thread or a pic anywhere now. I recall the pic was of a black SUT with a lift and custom bumpers...I don't know, but it was similar to this:

EDIT: Found it...http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ight=body+lift

DeLH2 11-18-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

At least with the SUT you can stand in the bed...that would make it easier then getting the tire on top of an SUV.

I could have swore that I saw someone on the forum with a slantback spare tire mount on their H2. I can't find the thread or a pic anywhere now. I recall the pic was of a black SUT with a lift and custom bumpers...I don't know, but it was similar to this:

EDIT: Found it...http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ight=body+lift

That looks pretty sweet, the closest I can find and possibly modify are these. Just get a good welder and fabricate a carrier in between the post.

guruerror 11-18-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

That looks pretty sweet, the closest I can find and possibly modify are these. Just get a good welder and fabricate a carrier in between the post.

Welders typically aren't that expensive...
...then get it powder coated and call it a day.

A local welding shop charged me $75 to mod my stock carrier to lift the tire up. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...hlight=carrier

You just need a couple cross bars and a mounting point; which you could have cut from your stock arm...dunno...food for thought.

tyler1bo 11-19-2011 03:27 AM

Truck looks good!!!

charles06 11-19-2011 04:23 PM

The company that does most of my work moddified one of the above pictured bed bar set-ups to carry a spare. The guy had it on for a couple of years, but ended up ditching it because it rendered the bed useless.

I disagree with most of the opinions here. I like the look of the rear tire carrier. Without it, the truck looks too short, almost like someone smooshed it.

tyler1bo 11-20-2011 12:44 AM

I see your point but I personally like the fact that I don't have to swing my spare carrier open everytime I want to drop the tailgate. Plus I think it makes the truck seem wider ;) gotta love fat rear ends. Well..to some extent. But it's all personal preference!

tyler1bo 12-30-2011 01:47 AM

I can finally be added to this list! To keep this thread going, here's my Rancho/Truxxx lift..:dancingbanana:

Bimmer9938 12-30-2011 01:59 AM

Looks awesome! Cut those bump stops off the front shocks, you'll never bottom them out.

OrangeCrush 12-30-2011 02:02 AM

Awwww, what a cute little truck...

:giggling:

Seriously, dude, that looks GREAT! What size tires? Makes me wanna put black wheels on mine.

Mark

Bimmer9938 12-30-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Seriously, dude, that looks GREAT! What size tires? Makes me wanna put black wheels on mine.

I read 38's, and Mark you should do some black rims... did you ever get your 40's Mark?

OrangeCrush 12-30-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
I read 38's, and Mark you should do some black rims... did you ever get your 40's Mark?

I really wanted the Octane fuels in black, I think they?re hot...

I did get 40?s on.

Mark

Bimmer9938 12-30-2011 02:18 AM

Nice Mark, are they rubbing? Mine rubbed like crazy with 12" wide wheels.

OrangeCrush 12-30-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Nice Mark, are they rubbing? Mine rubbed like crazy with 12" wide wheels.

The only time they rub is if I have the wheel turned all the way to the right and go in reverse, you can juuuust hear them rub. You would think if they rubbed, they would rub in either direction.

... but like I said, haaardly.

So you?re not running 12?s? How wide are you running?

Mark

Bimmer9938 12-30-2011 02:27 AM

I do run 12's, so they would rub more when turning then your 10's. Yea mine would catch the fender liners in reverse so I had to trim a lil off. Plus the Super Swamper is a true 40" measuring 40" which doesn't help.

tyler1bo 12-30-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Awwww, what a cute little truck...

:giggling:

Mark

It's not little anymore! ;) just a little smaller than yours at the moment! And yes they are 38X13.50...You really should change to black wheels!

OrangeCrush 12-30-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

I do run 12's, so they would rub more when turning then your 10's. Yea mine would catch the fender liners in reverse so I had to trim a lil off. Plus the Super Swamper is a true 40" measuring 40" which doesn't help.

My rims are 12?s...

And the 40?s measure like 39.7? tall when I measured them.

Mark