Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Deblinging!! All black look!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23617)

GotSandH3 01-07-2007 02:58 AM

Deblinging!! All black look!!

I decided to black out my lights and paint my grill myself. Check out what happens when your bored at home...

Now all I have to do is wash my car!!

marin8703 01-07-2007 04:18 AM

Re: Deblinging!! All black look!!

WOW, thats actually looks real good, can't guess its not professionally done. GREAT JOB. i like the black over teh orange lights. can you post a night and day pic with the lights on to see how they look, i might try this too.:clapping:

raptorman53 01-07-2007 04:35 AM

Looks great. Good work:beerchug:

Hummer Kid 01-07-2007 04:39 AM

Are sure you wont get a ticket for not having the orange lens ? alot of states now have changed the law where you have to have a orange lens not just the bulb anymore.

GotSandH3 01-07-2007 04:44 AM

Here are a couple night shots I just took... The side markers look purple in the pics but they are more red in real life.. They came out better then I thought. I also did the rear tail lights. The flash on the camera doesnt really do it justice....

GotSandH3 01-07-2007 04:52 AM

Im sure I can get a ticket. Its only a $10 fix-it ticket and nothing a bottle of rubbing alcohol cant fix. Im sure I can also get a ticket for my 5% tinted side windows, no mud flaps & straight pipe exhaust.... Cops around here would rather pull over a riced out Honda than a modified Hummer.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 01-07-2007 10:55 AM

What did you use on the grill? Did you do anything to prep the grill?

RYD

NEOCON1 01-07-2007 02:51 PM

sweet , looking good :beerchug: :cool:

GotSandH3 01-08-2007 12:27 AM

I scuffed the chrome surface using the scuffing pad that came in the kit i bought. I used Dupli-Color to do it..

GotSandH3 01-08-2007 12:41 AM

I cleaned up the H3!! Painted my CB Antennas(hope doesnt effect reception) & painted my Jerry Gas Can..I used Dupli-Color spray for the gas can.. Here are the pictures..

dеiтайожни 01-08-2007 12:53 AM

That looks very nice. I bought an extra set of the DRLs, side markers and taillights and started to black them out but never finished them. This is the first black h3 I've seen to do all that, cool.

Sewie 01-08-2007 01:45 AM

Looks great! :cool: Now just take care of that badge in the back and your spare.

What happened to your "recovery" sticker? :shhh:

GotSandH3 01-08-2007 02:35 AM

I had to remove the recovery sticker cause it was white and didnt go with the "theme" of the car. That and I was tired of Jeep Owners always flipping me off.. Im going to find another black rock crawler rim for the spare. Still need to remove the rear H3 badge. Need to find black lug nuts, that I cant seem to find anywhere. I also want to put in a mesh grill and find some Hi-Temp tint film to place over my headlights & foglights. Then all I have to do is wait for a decent lift kit or wait until a solid axle kit comes out!! Maybe BeBe should be the first to install a solid axle!! Then I'll just learn from her mistakes.. ;)

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 03:57 AM

Wow, that's pretty cool lookin' H3!! :beerchug: :jump: I'm glad you painted your CB antennas.

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 04:00 AM

Don't forget your skid plate and muffler. :clapping:

KenP 01-08-2007 06:46 AM

Fantastic!!!

We Duplicolored the "H2"'s on our truck. That may be an option for you instead of removing the emblem. It looks pretty cool.

Great looking truck.:jump:

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotSandH3
I had to remove the recovery sticker cause it was white and didnt go with the "theme" of the car. That and I was tired of Jeep Owners always flipping me off.. Im going to find another black rock crawler rim for the spare. Still need to remove the rear H3 badge. Need to find black lug nuts, that I cant seem to find anywhere. I also want to put in a mesh grill and find some Hi-Temp tint film to place over my headlights & foglights. Then all I have to do is wait for a decent lift kit or wait until a solid axle kit comes out!! Maybe BeBe should be the first to install a solid axle!! Then I'll just learn from her mistakes.. ;)

Much better without those useless extra decorations on the side and yes, you need to take care the other one on the back.

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 07:13 AM

I would love to see under the hood! :jump:

HummBebe 01-08-2007 07:13 AM

Trying to one-up me huh?????;) j/k

You might want to buy my line-xed bumpers, then you can get rid of all the grey plastic.:dancingbanana:

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 07:31 AM

:grouphug: