Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jesus Fu(kin Christ Jason.... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44805)

Easy Ed 09-03-2014 02:32 AM

Jesus Fu(kin Christ Jason....

Do you even give a sh!t about this site anymore ???? :twak: I know that I have moved on to something else and only come here to visit and try to offer help but WTF is this bull sh!t.... Members: 148,592, Active Members: 109,113, you are lucky if there are 1000 active members. The Mods have to be pulling their hair out trying to clean up the riff raff that are spamming every HOUR let alone trying to make any kind of helpful post for the REAL members. There is very little legit posting and I am betting it is because of the overload of these spammers. THIS SITE WAS THE PRIEMER SITE FOR HUMMER H2's and you have let it go to sh!t. Please get your head out of your ass and fix the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am willing to be banned for the above comments and really don't give a sh!t but there are folks out there who do care and come here for reliable info on their trucks and I am sure would like to see the site be what it was.

The end, (banned I am sure) Easy Ed

Jason 09-03-2014 02:09 PM

Re: Jesus Fu(kin Christ Jason....

Ed,

I would not ban you for that! You are absolutely correct. The spammers are ridiculous! I go thru at least 600 accounts per day, most of which are not approved. These accounts, based on the settings within the forum's software, should not be allowed to post, until they get approved. Unfortunately, the "bad guys" have figured out a glitch or loophole and still post their crap.

Before I go any further, let me say to all the moderators, thank you! I appreciate your efforts and know that this site would be far worse off with out you guys. I appreciate each and everyone of you for your time and effort.

I have turned off the option to allow new registrations and will talk to vBulletin, who I lease the forum software from, to see if I can get a better handle on these spammers. I will turn it back on once I am confident that the issue is at least mostly resolved.

If you do want to register in the mean time, please send me an email with your requested username and email address. I will set you up manually.

Ed, thanks for helping me realize that "my head was up my ass" and I will take care of this.

Again, thanks to the mods and all the members who participate (or even just visit).

Regards,
Jason

Easy Ed 09-03-2014 02:52 PM

Jason, I what to thank you for taking the time to read my post.

The statement that you plan to try and address the problem and to also help make this site what it once was is great news.

As they say, "nothing personal" but sometimes extreme measures are required to get the best outcome needed. Sorry I had to go to the "extreme" and use insults ;)

Best of luck, Thank you, Ed

P.S. Thanks for not banning me :beerchug:

Jason 09-03-2014 06:41 PM

Please! No need to thank me, if I banned everyone that had an issue with me, I would be a very lonely person!

All the best my man!

guruerror 09-03-2014 08:55 PM

vBullentin is just gonna recommend that you update to version 5. I would be surprised if vBullentin is even supporting 3 anymore.

CHO is running 4.2.2 and they're able to keep a very good handle on the spammers.

Easy Ed 10-04-2014 01:02 PM

Month ago, Members: 148,592, Active Members: 109,113,
Today, Members: 150,433, Active Members: 129 now down to 116

Now the question is, any upgrades are going to be made to the site to allow legit HUMMER owners to register without having to e-mail Jason to join ?

Thanks, Ed