Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SMA Sport Exhaust (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13070)

Hummer3 07-11-2005 11:58 PM

Has anyone purchased this? Is it a true cat back system and can you feel a 15 HP boost in power has they promise? Currently its the only system on the market and I want to update. Would appreciate your comments.

Hummer3 07-11-2005 11:58 PM

Has anyone purchased this? Is it a true cat back system and can you feel a 15 HP boost in power has they promise? Currently its the only system on the market and I want to update. Would appreciate your comments.

timgco 07-12-2005 01:33 AM

I'm not sure you can even get it yet. I thought this is one of their "products to be released."
How much is it?
Does it tuck up in there with an off road tip like the H2 or is it the fake dual exhaust that hangs way down only?

timgco 07-12-2005 08:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I'm not sure you can even get it yet. I thought this is one of their "products to be released."
How much is it?
Does it tuck up in there with an off road tip like the H2 or is it the fake dual exhaust that hangs way down only? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found out today it is the B&B exhaust. And it is available. $??

Hummer3 07-12-2005 11:10 PM

Thanks, so I understand, are you saying that the SMA exhaust is built by Billy Boats B & B exhaust? I have seen it priced from $699 and higher.

timgco 07-13-2005 02:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer3:
Thanks, so I understand, are you saying that the SMA exhaust is built by Billy Boats B & B exhaust? I have seen it priced from $699 and higher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what they told me on the phone today.

First Hummer 07-15-2005 10:11 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer3:
Thanks, so I understand, are you saying that the SMA exhaust is built by Billy Boats B & B exhaust? I have seen it priced from $699 and higher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what they told me on the phone today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guys there is a Cat Back Exhaust available for $499,check out General area and see topic Cat Back Exhaust the link is there.

Buddy in Az 07-19-2005 09:13 PM

I just installed the B&B exhaust and the Air-Raid cool air system from H3-Source today. They gave a noticeable boost in power and the exhaust note is nice. Both were easy installs.

Jason at H3-Source did a great job getting me the parts quickly and at a very good price.

timgco 07-19-2005 09:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buddy in Az:
I just installed the B&B exhaust and the Air-Raid cool air system from H3-Source today. They gave a noticeable boost in power and the exhaust note is nice. Both were easy installs.

Jason at H3-Source did a great job getting me the parts quickly and at a very good price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT! GOOD JOB! Now kit playin withus and post some pics! Please.

A side shot from the back end would be great. I'm trying to figure out how much sticks out and what will get torn off.
Thanks. Tim.

timgco 07-26-2005 10:39 PM

Back to the top.

CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOME REAR SIDE VIEW PICS?

I'm interested to see how the tiops hang down and it it will be an issue off roading with them. I want t oget exhaust ASAP, but would like some pics please. Did I mention I need pics? PLEASE? DAMN IT?

Okthenbye 08-03-2005 11:52 PM

Any thoughts on Magna Flow? My local muffler guy can put in a Magnaflow system on for $200.00 installed,

H3Lady 08-04-2005 09:32 AM

I have the MagnaFlow with duals and the sound is very very nice. not to loud, just enought.

First Hummer 08-04-2005 12:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3Lady:
I have the MagnaFlow with duals and the sound is very very nice. not to loud, just enought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get the Magna Flow from?

H3Lady 08-04-2005 03:36 PM

My husband has a shop...

First Hummer 08-04-2005 03:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3Lady:
My husband has a shop... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much and can he ship me one.

Jason 08-04-2005 06:37 PM

The SMA Exhaust (via B&B) is available now, however due to the huge demand they are currently on backorder - shipping about 5-7 days after the order is placed.

If you would like to get one on order with us, your card will not be charged until it actually ships out to you. Obviously, if you get an order in, it locks up your spot in line for it.

For additional details see here:
http://h3source.com/store/10033001.htm

Regards,
Jason

Buddy in Az 08-04-2005 07:39 PM

I installed the SMA and Airraid on mine and got noticeable accelleration improvement

ChevyHighPerformance 08-04-2005 07:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
My husband has a shop... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much and can he ship me one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Magnaflow is working on a complete exhaust for the H3 now. It will be a little bit before it is available.

WhiteH3 08-04-2005 08:35 PM

Magnaflow is working on a cat back system specifically for the H3. Dyno testing should be completed tomorrow.

Okthenbye 08-05-2005 01:06 AM

I had the Magnaflow installed this morning and it was definately worthwhile. The sound is subtle but nice and the performance improvement is quite noticable. It actually has passing power!
As for where to get one, this is the same muffler they use for many of the 6 cyl GM vehicles. It is a common stocked item at many muffler shops that do performance exhausts. I'm going to do the intake next hopefully for a little more boost.