Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   In-op wipers/washers - 2003 H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29583)

hummog 09-07-2007 01:52 PM

In-op wipers/washers - 2003 H2

Recently my windshield wipers decided to operate on their own, literally, without them being on. The only way to stop them was to pull the fuzes. Now, after replacing the fuzes, the rear wiper works however the front one doesn't. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this, and if so, what's the solution?

Thanks in advance!

mikejr 09-07-2007 08:57 PM

Re: In-op wipers/washers - 2003 H2

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummog
Recently my windshield wipers decided to operate on their own, literally, without them being on. The only way to stop them was to pull the fuzes. Now, after replacing the fuzes, the rear wiper works however the front one doesn't. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this, and if so, what's the solution?

Thanks in advance!

G.

I've had that happen on chevy trucks before. It is either the switch on the stalk or the wiper motor/module or a combo there of. I cannot recall what they did in the silverados to fix that problem, but I do know it was an $800 bill!

Stop by the office next time you are up my way and check out the 08 H2 I just bought.

HUMTECH 09-08-2007 01:12 AM

Typically the wiper module is at fauly, water intrusion on the circuit board. On the older ck platform cold solder joints on the circuit board caused many wiper issues and could be fixed by soldering the joints again, or replace the module. In your case replacement is in your future. I dont think the part is too expensive but the cowl needs to be removed and are A pain in the a** to get off. hope that helps.

Mr. I - Man 09-08-2007 07:15 PM

Same thing happened to me. check out my post about my wipers gone wild.:crying:

hummog 09-14-2007 07:28 PM

I took my truck into the dealer and advised them of the situation regarding the bulletin about the wiper motor. The dealer ran my VIN and said that there was no recall on the motor. I contacted HUMMER and advised them and they too said that there was no recall. I remained very adament about the bulletin, and because of this I guess it helped, since HUMMER contacted the dealer about it and agreed to pick up the bill minus a $50.00 deductible.

Also, I need to add that HUMMER did acknowledge that there were some wiper motors that had an issue, however upon disassembly by the dealer, they said that my motor wasn't one of the faulty ones......They still covered it though.

Hope this helps anyone else who has to go thru this.

Easy Ed 11-28-2007 03:26 AM

Digging up a old post here.

My wipers had all the problems listed here on this site yesterday and till today except the washer spraying till empty, when I took matters in my own hands tonight.

Pulled the module apart to find exactly what HUMTECH said would most likely be the cause, WATER.

I took the ole trusty air hose, blew the water out. Took some contact cleaner to the circuit board, then added black RTV sealer to the existing foam seal, put it all back together and presto the wipers work as before. Cost, just some of my free time to find out how things work. :dancingbanana:

Just in case others want to take the time to fix something themselves.

Later, Easy Ed
Attachment 44888

Attachment 44886

Attachment 44887

rrboy 11-28-2007 04:01 AM

I had this very thing happen to me, the wipers would work without the switch on, and then stop, and if you tried to turn them off, they wouldnt work, to make a long story short, I took it in and it was the wiper module, 550.00, thank god for warranty.

Easy Ed 11-28-2007 04:11 AM

rrboy, what year is your truck ?

Mine is a 2003 with 70,000 miles on it. Did have the module replaced under warranty due to it not coming off continuous run and go to intermittent when switched to do so after four minutes of running it on continuous run. That was how they determined back then that there was a problem with the module.
:giggling:

Easy Ed

mbdougl 09-10-2014 04:07 AM

I just replaced the module myself on my 2004 because the wipers/washer went crazy, it is a pain in the butt getting the cowl off and you have to buy the whole assembly to get the module, it is all fixed and cost $271.00 and an hour of my time which I didn't charge myself for, this site and HUMTECH are the greatest , I have fixed several things on this truck myself that I would have never tried without this site. Next project is to find that annoying rattle in the dash! :)

iwillnc 09-10-2014 10:15 PM

If you figure out how to resolve a rattle/noise tht only occurs at high RPM And sounds like its going to shake the entire passenger floorboard/a pillar apart, do post.