Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   "Dont Tase me bro!!!!!" (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29919)

obzidian 09-21-2007 09:57 PM

"Dont Tase me bro!!!!!"

Just wanted to bring the fun over here to elcova....

enjoy!!!

:OWNED: :OWNED: :OWNED: :OWNED:
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...ase-me-br.html

What do ya'll think about this? Did he deserve his fate or was his rights were violated?

:violin:

KingVinnie 09-21-2007 10:17 PM

Re: "Dont Tase me bro!!!!!"

he was disruptive and he resisted, plain and simple... I dont see any violation

....still funny though :OWNED:

obzidian 09-21-2007 10:47 PM

That's exactly how I feel about it. However, the media will and has changed it in implying that his rights were violated... blah blah blah He deserved it. He acted like a snot nosed, "educated" college student....

CollegeSucks 09-21-2007 10:49 PM

He wasnt doing anything wrong; I'd like to think this disruptive journalism major could have been easily handled by the 4+ guards, rendering the taze unnecessary.

He wasnt being disruptive, he was asking a question to a presidential candidate in an open, public forum.

If this had happened to a student asking Bush a question, heads would be rolling(a lot further than a paid vacation for the cops).

CollegeSucks 09-21-2007 10:49 PM

but funny... yes

obzidian 09-21-2007 11:04 PM

Wrong!!

See the tape. Everyone had a time limit. He went over the time limit and when asked to step down, he snot-nosed various responses that were childish at best.

When a police office askes you to do something, even though there have been times were my blood pressure was through the roof, i had to do it.

ITS THE LAW!!!

He failed to obey a direct order from a police officer, when they had him down, he didn't want to handcuffed and well, he got tased for it!!

He deserved it and maybe another for being such a punk kid!

KingVinnie 09-21-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeSucks
He wasnt doing anything wrong; I'd like to think this disruptive journalism major could have been easily handled by the 4+ guards, rendering the taze unnecessary.

He wasnt being disruptive, he was asking a question to a presidential candidate in an open, public forum.

If this had happened to a student asking Bush a question, heads would be rolling(a lot further than a paid vacation for the cops).

But he could of asked in a calm profesional manner and I'm sure he would have been heard. I think they had enough with him the second the word "blowjob" came out his mouth.

Then he resised. Have you ever tryed to handle someone thats resisting you without injuring them? Hard to do. Thats why it took 4 of them. Sure they could of just decked him but that would be "unprofessional".

So now hes got 4 cops ontop of him trying to get his hands. He still resisting and then he throws in a "f*ck you". So what do you do? Overpower him and posibly break his arm, or, zap him a couple times till he complies.

deserth3 09-21-2007 11:39 PM

Should have broken his arm.
Some people just don't know when to shut up.

Agriv8r 09-22-2007 01:09 AM

break the law, you get what they hand out....

RuggedH2 09-22-2007 03:08 AM

He brought along his own photo/videographer......you do the math there.

I hear he's selling T-shirts, now lot's of people are.

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/search.aspx?keyword=taze&page=1&gclid=CIKqn7X81Y4C FRNkYwodvVy4Aw

Make a spectacle, ignore rules that apply to everyone else, resist police, videotape, claim victim status and rights abuse.

CollegeSucks thinks the cops were wrong? Gonna vote for Hillary too?

What kind of world do we want to live in? Cops know that the press will vilify them if they overreact, but at the same time they have the duty to act to uphold the law. They have seconds to plan and react, anything less than perfect is unacceptable. It can be a challenge. The guy was not a little guy and he was actively resisting.

The cops acted to enforce the law. Sorry if it hurt your sensitive feelings. That guy never stopped pushing for what he got, he had many opportunities to comply before he got tased.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:22 AM

i didnt realize time limits and invasive questions were the new law.

i also dont know what thinking this was out of line, unprofessional, and inexcusable have to do with my voting(it certainly wont be hillary)

he repeatedly asked to know what LAW he was breaking. None.

My feelings arent hurt. i could care less. ive been through much worse. get over your high-horse, i drive a hummer and am a hardcore republican ideology.

RuggedH2 09-22-2007 04:27 AM

He was asked to step down, he didn't, he stated that he would ask his question, and then made statements and asked more questions.

Should everyone just do whatever they want, whenever the hell they want to? Rules can apply, just not to you right? High horse?

Failure to comply with the lawful order of a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:32 AM

yes. i am immune to the laws of the land. dumb horse?

his conduct was not disorderly, show me a law that says you can't ask your question in a public forum. the police would not tell him what he did wrong.

can the police arrest you, no questions asked? would you not resist arrest if police officers were handcuffing you, pushing you to the ground, with no reason stated?

of course this moron was looking for press, of course he knew what he was getting into, but that doesnt make the taze appropriate.

the rules should apply to the enforcers too.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:36 AM

PS. amazing candidate, he didnt even skip a beat... god forbid he answer a difficult question(albeit poorly worded)

RuggedH2 09-22-2007 04:36 AM

You seem to have the answers I'm sure you could have handled it better.

What would you have done, asked him nicely over and over, and hoped he complied?

Police are charged with enforcing the law, not begging you to comply with it.

RuggedH2 09-22-2007 04:39 AM

en?force /ɛnˈfɔrs, -ˈfoʊrs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[en-fawrs, -fohrs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation ?verb (used with object), -forced, -forc?ing. 1.to put or keep in force; compel obedience to: to enforce a rule; Traffic laws will be strictly enforced. 2.to obtain (payment, obedience, etc.) by force or compulsion. 3.to impose (a course of action) upon a person: The doctor enforced a strict dietary regimen. 4.to support (a demand, claim, etc.) by force: to enforce one's rights as a citizen. 5.to impress or urge (an argument, contention, etc.) forcibly; lay stress upon: He enforced his argument by adding details.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:40 AM

there is no law stating you must ask your question within a prescribed time frame. this was a public campus. tough break if he wont be quiet. next time some cock is unruly, i'll taze the mofo.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:42 AM

cool definition. thats how the 8th grade valedictorian always opens his ****ty speech. here's a fun quote for you:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

CollegeSucks 09-22-2007 04:43 AM

PS. thats the first amendment. dont want to get tazed for plaigerism

RuggedH2 09-22-2007 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeSucks
there is no law stating you must ask your question within a prescribed time frame. this was a public campus. tough break if he wont be quiet. next time some cock is unruly, i'll taze the mofo.

Public meeting rules are enforceable by law, disorderly conduct statutes can apply.

Where do you draw the line? Should KKK members be allowed to use public meetings to give 45 minute lectures because they got up to the mike?