Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Me In Tellico (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25486)

H Duece 03-15-2007 03:07 PM

Me In Tellico

5 Attachment(s)
A few pix taken this past week when I was in Tellico. The first one is me coming back down Guardrail...one of my favorite pix.

H2 Doberman 03-15-2007 03:19 PM

Re: Me In Tellico

Cool pics! How did the truck do with the lift and nitto's? I've got the same setup on my truck. Did you have any problems getting through some spots? Looking to go to tellico soon and wondering what I'm getting into!

H Duece 03-15-2007 03:38 PM

I was real happy with my lift & tires...no way could I have done most of that stuff if my truck was still stock. However, if you're running a 6" lift and 37" or larger tires, then remember that you are definately top heavy. So, you might have some "oh ****" moments. There were at least 4 times that I came close to tipping over.

Oh, and if you don't like dents and scratches, then don't bother going unless you put shields on your vehicle. I could care less about the rock rash, but I know others are more particular about their paint. You can skip out on the harder stuff and not have to worry much about rock rash...but there are still tree branches that WILL hit your truck no matter what line you take.

If you go up there, have a great time!

H2 Doberman 03-15-2007 04:02 PM

The truck is lifted. I have heard from other people that you will get a lot of love from the brush! Glad you had a good time!

KenP 03-15-2007 04:41 PM

Looks like Hollie and Boss were with you. How about some more pics?

BTW, how many of the H1's broke?:giggling:

H Duece 03-15-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
Looks like Hollie and Boss were with you. How about some more pics?

BTW, how many of the H1's broke?:giggling:

Yep, Boss and Hollie were on the trip as well. I'll post some more pix when I get the chance.

As for H1's breaking...all but one suffered damage. One of them broke 4 or 5 half shafts. Steering box bolts were snapping like twigs on them as well. Oh, and one lost a motor mount. Yep, was a difficult trip for the H1s. But most of their damage was on the last day of the trip anyways.

The one H1 that didn't break was the same one that went to the top of Guardrail with me. As far as we know, no other Hummers have made it up there.

KenP 03-15-2007 05:06 PM

Were you the only 2 to do Guardrail and did Hollie make it all the way up? Was the 1 that went up the one that spewed power steering fluid?

You HAVE to post the pics of you on guardrail! Especially the one of you leaning into the cable.:jump:

ROX 03-15-2007 06:18 PM

Sounds like a great time! Post more pics!:perfect10s:

Boss Hoss 03-15-2007 06:19 PM

The power steering fluid was from Hollie...the H1 that went up guardrail was a champ--he walked the big ledge after fains ford as well. Im pretty sure he was running 37's where the others where running 39.5 iroks. Jason being up on gaurdrail was pretty crazy. Going to the right meant a vertical climb with large ledges to bump. This put alot of stress on the front end and to be honest im suprised his front dif or half shafts didnt blow. Going to the right was nuts as well as it was narrow and off camber and to the left was a nasty drop off! Unfortunately Slick rock was closed but next trip i WILL own slick rock. For being stock i was happpy with my truck performance following 1s and Jasons lifted 2. lol its amazing how much you can feel the obsticles when aired down. I ran 22psi all weekend with no worries of popping a bead. To all the nay sayers of wheeling 20's, they shouldve followed me so i could show them the truth! Now i just have to figure out what happend to my front end.

frenzy1 03-15-2007 06:29 PM

awesome pics man !!! :perfect10s:

H Duece 03-15-2007 07:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
Were you the only 2 to do Guardrail and did Hollie make it all the way up? Was the 1 that went up the one that spewed power steering fluid?

You HAVE to post the pics of you on guardrail! Especially the one of you leaning into the cable.:jump:

Hollie made it to the pointed rock that is to the left on Guardrail just before the guardrail and big boulders start. That's when the power steering fluid got shot all over the place and the truck had to be backed down.

The H1 was a black one that was driven by a guy named Joe. I was VERY impressed with his ability with his truck.

Here's a few more pix of me on guardrail...

blockrockin 03-15-2007 07:12 PM

looks like alote of fun. ! truck also look really nice ! good job with the pics. ! would you get the nittos again. or try a different tire... the nittos look really good .

H Duece 03-15-2007 07:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more on Guardrail...

Captain of the Titanic 03-15-2007 11:34 PM

Holy Crap.... Guard Rail #6 makes my butt pucker...:jump:

How much damage did you take from that rock? None I hope!!

Great pics...

H Duece 03-16-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockrockin
looks like alote of fun. ! truck also look really nice ! good job with the pics. ! would you get the nittos again. or try a different tire... the nittos look really good .

Yes, I'll probably get the Nitto's again...but larger...probably 38's (have 37's on there now). I'm happy with their performance and the look very aggressive. :)

H Duece 03-16-2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic
Holy Crap.... Guard Rail #6 makes my butt pucker...:jump:

How much damage did you take from that rock? None I hope!!

Great pics...

I got some rock rash from that boulder on both driver side doors...nothing that I'd bat an eyelash at though...and certainly nothing compared to the rest of the damage I got on that trail (busted center cap, rim chewed up REAL bad, broken rear marker light, crimped and dented lower rear left quarter panel, broken rear left plastic thingy that you connect the roof rails to, broken left rear quarter window, and various other nicks and scratches).

My repair bill for busted parts throught the trip and the labor to install them was about $2700. That's not fixing the scratches and dents. Not bad considering the amount of fun I had and how hard I pushed my vehicle. I could really care less about scratches and small dents...that stuff is bound to happen eventually, so why sweat it? :D

H2 Doberman 03-16-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Duece
I got some rock rash from that boulder on both driver side doors...nothing that I'd bat an eyelash at though...and certainly nothing compared to the rest of the damage I got on that trail (busted center cap, rim chewed up REAL bad, broken rear marker light, crimped and dented lower rear left quarter panel, broken rear left plastic thingy that you connect the roof rails to, broken left rear quarter window, and various other nicks and scratches).

My repair bill for busted parts throught the trip and the labor to install them was about $2700. That's not fixing the scratches and dents. Not bad considering the amount of fun I had and how hard I pushed my vehicle. I could really care less about scratches and small dents...that stuff is bound to happen eventually, so why sweat it? :D

It the trail that rugged or did you drive down the trail with your eyes closed:p

frenzy1 03-16-2007 05:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^:jump: :giggling: :OWNED:

H Duece 03-16-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Doberman
It the trail that rugged or did you drive down the trail with your eyes closed:p

:jump:

No, didn't drive it with my eyes closed...but didn't exactly slow down for branches that were going to hit my vehicle. I normally offroad in Naples on narrow trails, so I already had some scratches...no big deal as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I was upset about breaking was the window...and I was only slightly worried about that because I didn't want it to fall out and then have it rain. :D

But, yes, the particular trail (Guardrail) where I received most of my damage is "that rugged." It's rated as an F4 and not something most people can do.

Boss Hoss 03-17-2007 12:34 AM

Ill have to agree with Jason the trail is that rugged....granted you dont have to do everything he did but if you do theres a good chance the out come will be the same. lol, after seeing Jason run Guardrail i figured i should keep my non dented H2 off of it even though i was 100ft from it. I did get a dent later on but i was playing around with my tilt o meter instead of running my line. Next time we plan a Tellico trip you should come along--its a great time!