Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Another PCM For Less thread. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26683)

Urban Ops 05-03-2007 10:58 PM

Another PCM For Less thread.

After long and careful consideration I sent my PCM to PCM for less.

Here's why:

Recently, like many other's, I have had my head replaced. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is it still idled rough. Not as rough as with the previous head but not as smooth as when it was new. Second thing I noticed, it had a hesitation upon acceleration. Only a brief one but all the same, I didn't have it before. Third thing, rough starting, especially in the morning. Even though is started, it was like it wasn't quite running on all 5 cylinders. On a good note, I noticed too, that the cruise control no longer mashed the gas to get up to speed. That was my clue that there had been an update to my PCM. It was confirmed by my work order.
I took it back to the dealer, showed the tech what I was talking about and got a loaner. The next day the dealer called and said "everything you are saying is in fact there but there's nothing we can do to fix it" and "we compared it to like vehicles and they ran the same way". I said, "That's BS! Mine did not run like that before the update and the loaner did not run like that right now." She said, "the loaner has not been updated".

With that less than "Completely Satisfied" 75 mile round trip and all the bad mouthing from everyone EXCEPT anyone that has had it done, I decided to give them a try. I called Kelly on Friday and I too got the answering machine. But get this! She returned my call the same day!!! That was for the guy that complained about getting the machine and equating that with bad customer service. Call my office sometime Sport, see WHAT answers. Anyway....... After Kelly answered all my questions I was sold.

I pulled my PCM out and shipped it Monday. I chose not to get a loaner. I have other cars. They received AND shipped it back out Wednesday. I got it today, Thursday. Thats 4 days from California to North Carolina and back people. Not a bad start.

After the weekend I will post MY observations.

If there are any unhappy customers, I haven't been able to find any posts from them. Just their buddies........

Mr_Pat 05-03-2007 11:07 PM

Re: Another PCM For Less thread.

That?s funny I too sent mine in on Monday morning and just got it back today (I am in Cheyenne WY) but I wont be home till sat. to put it back in the H3. So I bought my self a roof basket to make me feel better. :p

Urban Ops 05-03-2007 11:29 PM

Nice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

deserth3 05-04-2007 12:17 AM

I'm looking forward to thoughts. I'm still happy I did mine. It did great in Moab and I got just over 20 mpg going down and back.

ETD 05-04-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Ops
That was for the guy that complained about getting the machine and equating that with bad customer service. Call my office sometime Sport, see WHAT answers. .

Actually, "Sport", that was what I called not "exemplary" customer service. What you got, "Sport", was what I called "good" customer service (not that she saw my complaint or anything on Elcova, right?...). Bravo to Kelly and good for you.

In any case, I am still happy with the tuned PCM. I am actually having to watch my foot on the accelerator while driving in town! Never that with the stock PCM.;)

HummBebe 05-04-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

The next day the dealer called and said "everything you are saying is in fact there but there's nothing we can do to fix it" and "we compared it to like vehicles and they ran the same way". I said, "That's BS! Mine did not run like that before the update and the loaner did not run like that right now." She said, "the loaner has not been updated".

That would pi$$ me off too.:rant:

Steve - SanJose 05-04-2007 08:49 PM

so far, still sounding like the same info-commercial...

Urban Ops 05-04-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
so far, still sounding like the same info-commercial...

You mean the one where everyone that has one loves it?

Yup.:dancingbanana:

Steve - SanJose 05-04-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Ops
You mean the one where everyone that has one loves it?

Yup.:dancingbanana:

Correct, with a lot of vague comments, etc. Wonderfully consistent.:D

ETD 05-04-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Correct, with a lot of vague comments, etc. Wonderfully consistent.:D

Ok, that sort of comments calls for... PADDING

:jump:

ETD 05-04-2007 11:11 PM

Oh yeah and also...

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

HummBebe 05-04-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETD
Oh yeah and also...

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

F'ing Bananas :rant:

Steve - SanJose 05-05-2007 02:35 AM

yepper :dancingbanana:

Urban Ops 05-08-2007 01:02 AM

Well it's too early to tell about the mileage, I've only put 100 miles on it since the upgrade, but I can say there is a noticable difference in the overall performance of my H3. I really noticed this morning on the way to the dump. My trailer alone is 1,700 lbs plus a washer/dryer, 2 full large trash cans and a lot of dog poop. I was surprised at how fast I was going and how quickly I got there. I can't say anything more than what has already been said. The PCM upgrade has been well worth the money. It's a shame GM can't program them like this from the start. I know why and I understand.

You can add me to the list of happy PCM for less customers. :jump:

Mileage update coming soon...............:D