Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Factory radio with aux input (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30339)

2xtreme 10-12-2007 02:30 PM

Factory radio with aux input

Is hummer not offering an aux input on there factory radio's for ipod? I have looked all over the web site and not a single word.

subunix 10-12-2007 03:25 PM

Re: Factory radio with aux input

On the H3's... No we are not, its unfortunate because all of our other vehicles have them now

H3 Builder 10-13-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subunix
On the H3's... No we are not, its unfortunate because all of our other vehicles have them now

Right now all the current radios will be carryover for 2009 and are what you see now.

lance-n 10-15-2007 08:52 PM

That seems like a short sighted decision on GM's part.
H2's dont have them either?

2xtreme 10-18-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance-n

I didn't think so, I wonder if it would be worth getting a used GM double din factory radio from another vehicle with the aux input and swap them out. (if possible):confused:

subunix 11-06-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3 Builder
Right now all the current radios will be carryover for 2009 and are what you see now.

sorry clarify.... all other GM products are getting or already have the aux port

sattv 11-06-2007 10:19 PM

Hell I didn't even get XM in mine:raar: I think I will do the Sirius upgrade instead:jump:

SFH3 11-20-2007 04:45 PM

I HAVE AN AUX INPUT ON MY RADIO (07 w/XM option radio) AND HAVE BEEN ENJOYING MY MP3 (ZEN VISION M) FOR MONTHS NOW. MY INPUT WILL HANDLE ANY MP3 PLAYER OUT THERE. I HAD IT INSTALLED BY A LOCAL CUSTOM CAR STEREO SHOP. THE AFTERMARKET PIECE IS AVAILABLE BUT YOU MUST HAVE THE XM RADIO OPTION FOR IT TO WORK. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A RADIO SHOP TO DO THIS I WILL POST THE PHONE NUMBER OF MY SHOP AND YOU CAN ORDER THE PART FROM THEM AND HAVE A LOCAL SHOP INSTALL IT. GOOD LUCK!

lance-n 11-21-2007 10:09 PM

that sounds great, i have been looking for a way to do this.
could you post a pic of the aux input and how it looks in the vehicle?
how does it work, since there is no additional button on the stereo?
i assume if you have your ipod plugged in it overrides the xm input, right?
please post the contact info of the shop you found that made the install.
thank you

tower 11-21-2007 10:36 PM

Ther are aftermarket units which will give you XM controlled by your existing radio ans include an aux input or i-pod input!

I installed mine myself.

sattv 11-22-2007 07:41 PM

I just added a Valor 665 double din with camera and xm etc.:beerchug:

meyergsr 11-26-2007 08:09 PM

I have an aux input for sale in the classified section. The adapter works excellent with the factory stereo and is easy to install. I am selling because I traded the H3.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30565

mikejr 11-27-2007 02:41 AM

Quote:

That seems like a short sighted decision on GM's part.

My 08 H2 has an AUX input for an Ipod on the Nav system.

I believe my dad's 08 H2 has one too on the non-Nav system also.

tower 11-27-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sattv
I just added a Valor 665 double din with camera and xm etc.:beerchug:

How do you like it?
Does it have XM and HD?
Did you keep everything else factory?
How hard was the installation
Do you like their Nav?
Thanks!

lance-n 11-28-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyergsr
I have an aux input for sale in the classified section. The adapter works excellent with the factory stereo and is easy to install. I am selling because I traded the H3.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30565

i looked on the wed site of the supplier you referred to and it said that once you install this adapter it will cancel factory installed xm.
i have the single disk and factory installed xm. i would like to add an ipod jack, but don't want to lose the ability to use xm or ipod input.

does your aux input work specifically like this?

meyergsr 11-28-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

i looked on the wed site of the supplier you referred to and it said that once you install this adapter it will cancel factory installed xm.
i have the single disk and factory installed xm. i would like to add an ipod jack, but don't want to lose the ability to use xm or ipod input.

does your aux input work specifically like this?

To be honest I don't know for sure. I was using the aux input for sirius sat radio, I didn't try both. The headunit displayed the preview channel for xm. I think in order to do both aux and xm you would have to switch the 12 volt power to the adapter. I had it wired to the 12volt accessorry with key. I don't have the truck any more to to test this. Maybe someone else knows for sure?