Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PARTSGUY - NEED HELP PLEASE (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21517)

SUT NEIL 10-22-2006 08:11 PM

PARTSGUY - NEED HELP PLEASE

I want to install a Hotshot heated windshield washer system in my 2005 H2 SUT. I purchased the Microheat unit and I want to install it the same way Hummer does on the 2007 Glacier Blue Special Edition Trucks. I hope you will be able to locate and sell me the black mounting bracket Hummer uses to attach the unit in the engine compartment, pass side - just to the right of the cold air intake box. I looked at the bracket in the 2007 Glacier Blue truck and the bracket in this truck had #40242001 (I Think) stamped on it. Can you get me the correct bracket within the next couple of days? Thanks for your help! :jump:

partsguy 10-22-2006 08:39 PM

Re: PARTSGUY - NEED HELP PLEASE

If I don't hang myself I will help you out!!!!

GLBLWARMR 10-22-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partsguy

Wait, I go through suicide awareness classes all the time. I think that is a cry for help. The acronym is AID LIFE. Now what does the A stand for??? Don't do nothing Partsguy. I will figure it out and get you the help you need.:D

SUT NEIL 10-22-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

:crying: Whoaa.... No hangings allowed... Life's too short! I'm looking for a knife to cut the rope as we speak, but I can't find the part # for the hummer knife... but I found a bicycle and a radio.

All kidding aside, look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your quick reply and offer to help. Thanks! :excited:

partsguy 10-22-2006 10:03 PM

Kidding Hell, Mets lost ,I'm about to be owned by MRS. I have nothing to live for. except to help you.:crying::jump:

Call Ya tomorrow if I can!!

Maybe New England will win????????????????????????????/

GLBLWARMR 10-22-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Kidding Hell, Mets lost ,I'm about to be owned by MRS. I have nothing to live for. except to help you.:crying::jump:

Call Ya tomorrow if I can!!

Maybe New England will win????????????????????????????/

they did 28-6 over Buff-ah-hoe.

partsguy 10-22-2006 10:31 PM

Too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying: What a rotten sunday:giggling:

Humdingah 10-23-2006 04:07 AM

I'd like to know this number too...a 'factory' install would be cool.

dochummer 10-23-2006 05:02 AM

The actual button to tom it on and off would be nice too! :) Anybody have problems with their hotshot. Mine stopped working last month. Sometimes, the light just flashes, other times, no light at all.:(

Mr. I - Man 10-23-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humdingah
I'd like to know this number too...a 'factory' install would be cool.

X2

partsguy 10-23-2006 09:29 PM

15294598 Bracket
15294592 heater
15294599 Switch
15296886 I/P ext harness

There are two other harness listing but I want to look at the truck(our truck)
before I give them out.

SUT NEIL 10-24-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

15294598 Bracket
15294592 heater
15294599 Switch
15296886 I/P ext harness

There are two other harness listing but I want to look at the truck(our truck)
before I give them out.

:perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: For those long time forumn members who already know and for any new members that have not had the pleasure of working with Jeff - PARTSGUY IS GREAT AND IS ALL-KNOWING !

Jeff, thanks again for your help and assistance and I look forward to talking with you tomorrow.

NJ H2 10-24-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochummer
The actual button to tom it on and off would be nice too! :) Anybody have problems with their hotshot. Mine stopped working last month. Sometimes, the light just flashes, other times, no light at all.:(

Yup!
Same problems! It worked a few times after I first installed it (while testing it) then when I really needed it in a blinding snow storm NOTHING!
:lame:

SUT NEIL 10-25-2006 10:33 PM

Latest update regarding HotShot heated windshield washer system:

I recently purchased a brand new in the box Microheat HotShot system on ebay (Item #220034844895) for $77.50 + $8.50 shipping - "Smokin Deal". This is a complete system including the heater unit, wiring, switch, and mounting bracket. The heater unit appears to be identical to the heater unit used in the 2007 Glacier Blue special edition H2. I could have simply installed the entire system as purchased but I want as close to a factory installation as possible. Accordingly, I also ordered the GM factory mounting bracket, two wiring harnesses, and switch from Partsguy - total cost for these items from him approximately $240. I'll do the install as soon as I receive these items. Hopefully it will work and look like the factory install.

dochummer 10-26-2006 12:16 AM

Anybody have the limited edition operating instructions for the hotshot unit? I spoke with the hotshot people, and they said that i most likely overheated the unit, that's why it's not working any more. Said that I didn't prime it. The manual says that you need to prime it before using after initial install....wasn't aware that I was supposed to prime it every time I use it....Is that the way it is with the limited edition installs?

NJ H2 10-29-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Anybody have the limited edition operating instructions for the hotshot unit? I spoke with the hotshot people, and they said that i most likely overheated the unit, that's why it's not working any more. Said that I didn't prime it. The manual says that you need to prime it before using after initial install....wasn't aware that I was supposed to prime it every time I use it....Is that the way it is with the limited edition installs?

This is from there web site:
http://www.microheat.com/pdf/model_go_manual.pdf

Page 9 says you need to prime the unit.

dochummer 10-29-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ H2
This is from there web site:
http://www.microheat.com/pdf/model_go_manual.pdf

Page 9 says you need to prime the unit.

So, that has to be done everytime you use it, not just the first time after install?

NJ H2 10-30-2006 03:28 AM

Quote:

So, that has to be done everytime you use it, not just the first time after install?

Yeah Doc, everytime! That completly blows! :mad:
I hope mine works since I never primed it!
PS. I never read that priming BS until yesterday. I bet they added that after lots of HS's went bad!

dochummer 10-30-2006 06:44 AM

Good thing I have an extra one sitting in the garage.... :) Gotta luv ebay deals..

Vettster 10-30-2006 07:23 PM

Is the factory installed one named "Hotshot"?
If so, mine has not worked since day one.
I took it back to the dealer and after 3 days in the shop, it worked a total of two times.
The instructions are pretty vague. It tells you to push the button (No kidding) and nothing else.
I know I'm gonna be really pissed once the snow starts falling here.:dancingbanana: