Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41968)

OrangeCrush 06-11-2012 06:45 PM

Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsfan
Fabtech and Bulletproof don't cut. Which is one reason why I chose them.

As for the 12" lift - I don't think I would have gone with 12" coming from stock. The 6" was a major lift for a while....but I've had it for 7 years now. It's "stock" to me. And I'm in Texas and TIRED of sitting at traffic lights with a bigger truck than mine on either side. I figured you only live once....why not go totally badass with this beautiful truck? :)

Sorry DF, Fabtech cuts too.... In my first H2, I installed a Fabtech and had to cut.

Even with Rancho, I believe I had to cut. (I installed, just don't remember)

Mark

devilsfan 06-11-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Sorry DF, Fabtech cuts too.... In my first H2, I installed a Fabtech and had to cut.

Even with Rancho, I believe I had to cut. (I installed, just don't remember)

Mark

You are indeed correct. I misread - Fabtech does cut the differential. But neither Fabtech nor Bulletproof cuts into the frame. Cognito does.

OrangeCrush 06-11-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

You are indeed correct. I misread - Fabtech does cut the differential. But neither Fabtech nor Bulletproof cuts into the frame. Cognito does.

Can you repeat that? I want my wife to see that... I am right about something... she'll just tell me that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....LOL.

Seriously though... I had thought about going with a Cognito setup, I'm glad to see I didn't, I don't want to cut into the frame. (though I'm in the bodyshop- business)

Thanks,

Mark

LoJac963 06-13-2012 05:26 AM

I researched kits thoroughly when I was thinking about lifting and Bulletproof would be the only option. I don't want to hack up the diff or cut into any part of the frame at all. Completely reversible if need be which is a plus.

OrangeCrush 06-13-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I researched kits thoroughly when I was thinking about lifting and Bulletproof would be the only option. I don't want to hack up the diff or cut into any part of the frame at all. Completely reversible if need be which is a plus.

After 2 H2's and COUNTLESS other vehicles that I have lifted, lowered, tubbed, swapped engines, blah, blah, blah, I have ALWAYS kept the "stock" parts "incase" I put it back to stop to sell it.

I'll be 50 in a few months and in all this time, I have NEVER ONCE put a car back to stock. I always say I will, always keep the parts just in case but when it comes time to sell it, all I end up doing is selling the vehicle as is and offer the new owner the stock parts.

What usually happens.... my shop is stocked full of stock parts from vehicles I'll never see again.

:D

Mark

Bimmer9938 06-13-2012 06:55 PM

Yea I've owned 84 cars, never returned one back to stock. :beerchug:

Humdingah 06-13-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963

From the Cognito 10-12" installation instructions:

"Remove the factory crossmember that is bolted in between the rear lower control arm pockets. On the 10 and 12-inch kits, the flange just under the front differential pinion yolk on 4WD models will have to be cut off. Use a
reciprocating saw and stay close to the back of the control arm pocket. On the 7-inch kit, the flange with the back 1 1/2? of the rear lower control arm pocket must be cut off to clear the differential. Retain this piece if desired for future reinstallation."

From the Bulletproof 12" installation instructions:

"Now you have to cut the frame. It?s easier to refer to the pictures below. But basically you want to remove the factory bump stop mount, then slightly cut the lower part of the upper a-arm tabs to allow for clearance of bulletproofs new upper a-arm drop downs. This will also include slightly cutting part of the rear lower a-arm tabs. Please refer to the pictures, so there are no questions."

Neither seem to require that the mounting boss on the differential be cut, which the Fabtech and Rancho require, but saying that none of them require cutting of any kind isn't true.

mralexx 06-21-2012 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bulletproof

devilsfan 06-21-2012 07:19 PM

:jump:

My Bulletproof kit arrived at the shop yesterday. Fox shocks, gears, steps and exhaust are already done. Just need to finish the lift and get the new tires/wheels on, and it's good to go. Hopefully early next week.

Oh - and check the height. Texas lift laws say max height on the headlights is 54". It's going to be VERY close, otherwise it'll need some more mods. :(

Humdingah 06-21-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mralexx
Bulletproof

Did you have any issues with the install? How did you find Bulletproof's customer service if you needed to get in touch with them? Did the lift kit include everything you needed for the install? What size tires and any other pictures of the finished lift?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

devilsfan 06-21-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humdingah
What size tires and any other pictures of the finished lift?

I'm curious too what you're running.

I had a heck of a time finding street-quality tires that will fit (it's my daily driver). The max that Bulletproof recommends is 15.5 without mods, which limits you to Interco, Goodyear, and Pit Bull if you're looking to run anything above 40s. Interco has 44s (Swampers) but the road wear is crap. I have the Goodyear MTRs in 37s and can vouch for their road wear, it's excellent but they don't look very aggressive. I opted to hit the middle (Pit Bull Rockers) in 42s (max size they offer), they look good and supposedly have decent tread wear.

Humdingah 06-21-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

I opted to hit the middle (Pit Bull Rockers) in 42s (max size they offer), they look good and supposedly have decent tread wear.

I'm looking at Pit Bulls in 42s also...seemed like a good choice. Now just have to decide on the lift.

mralexx 06-22-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humdingah
Did you have any issues with the install? How did you find Bulletproof's customer service if you needed to get in touch with them? Did the lift kit include everything you needed for the install? What size tires and any other pictures of the finished lift?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Install was straight forward, no welding no cuts. Had to grind a flap on the front end no big deal. CS was good, I had a problem with a bad tie rod. The threads got powder coated and stripped during the install. Brian fabricated and sent me another within 48hours. Most complete straight forward kit I have seen. Only thing I needed were stock coils for the rear to convert, I had the garbage air ride. Life time warranty on all Bulletproof parts regardless of abuse. Going to throw a 12 on my Silverado HD here in a few months. I'm running 40 interco m16 on 24 inch BMF. I drive this everyday and I could not imagine going bigger on tires. Im waiting on a photoshoot, haven't had the time. Glad I went with the 12 on 40s, it is perfect would not want it any other way.

devilsfan 06-22-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer9938

What the heck did they use, a mattress frame???

The custom lifts are wicked. I still have to get 2 kids and groceries out of my truck tho. 12" is the max (until they graduate and get the heck out of my house, at least ;)).

bigmikey82 08-05-2012 10:02 PM

My lil truck and another lifted H2 w/road armor bumpers

tyler1bo 08-06-2012 11:35 PM

Both sick!

OrangeCrush 08-07-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler1bo
Both sick!

Yuck, Mikey's H2 looks good. That god awful bumper on the H2 with the ghetto wheel/tire combo looks stupid as hell (IMO)

Mark

LoJac963 08-07-2012 07:06 AM

^couldn't agree more

Your wheel combo is very nice but the low pro next to yours is absolutely terrible lol.

cecil-1 08-07-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler1bo
Both sick!

I agree.... Both look badass.

But I'm not sure about the Black on bottom of doors of SUT.
Might look better if ya look at whole truck.

OrangeCrush 08-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecil-1
I agree.... Both look badass.

But I'm not sure about the Black on bottom of doors of SUT.
Might look better if ya look at whole truck.

Yeah, black looks like an Avalanche's bottom moldings.

Mark