Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Yellow Ride (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39418)

JesseJames1956 04-28-2010 02:36 PM

My Yellow Ride

3 Attachment(s)
A couple of photos of my new-used 2005 H2. Just got it in February with 83,000 miles and I still had about 8 months of warranty left. Bumper to bumper! :excited:
I purchased a full 3rd row off Ebay for $800 with shipping. My spare is in the basement with the interior spare carrier. (Anyone want to trade an exterior for my interior spare carrier?) I just installed a 15" overhead monitor I got from Walmart for $127. Instead of a dvd player, I'm going to try a hard drive media player. Then I can store as many as 50 movies on it. I found one with a 12v lighter adapter and remote control. Also got a Magellan 1700 GPS with the 7" display and a backup camera to go into the video input of the Magellan. Not sure where I want to install it yet.
Sorry about the tree blocking my shot. But the wife gave me this funny look when I asked if I could cut it down! :D

Attachment 52552

Attachment 52553

Attachment 52554

SmokeyJoe 04-28-2010 03:45 PM

Re: My Yellow Ride

Looks like mine before I starting modding.

Badace 04-28-2010 03:46 PM

Sweet. I need to buy the third row too. Just got an 06 LE. With 5 kids, we need one more seat if we want to bring the wife. DO you like your 3rd row seat?

JesseJames1956 04-28-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badace
Sweet. I need to buy the third row too. Just got an 06 LE. With 5 kids, we need one more seat if we want to bring the wife. DO you like your 3rd row seat?

I love it but it's not leather. But the quality is so good I don't think about it! This is a full row so it will hold 2 adults or even 3 small kids.
This is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMME...fAccesso ries

JesseJames1956 04-28-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe
Looks like mine before I starting modding.

What kind of mods? I'm looking for ideas.

The_Yeti 04-28-2010 06:06 PM

Nice! I have the 1700 as well. Just ordered the heavy duty mount so I can extend it out further. What backup camera are you using with the Magellan?

JesseJames1956 04-28-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Nice! I have the 1700 as well. Just ordered the heavy duty mount so I can extend it out further. What backup camera are you using with the Magellan?

It's a Audiovox model. I don't have the model number handy but it's an older one. I got it from a flea market and it has some weight to it!.
I was thinking about mounting the 1700 from the overhead console. I have a sun roof so my console is short. I would hardwire it to the fuse box and run the wires thru the console.

SmokeyJoe 04-29-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseJames1956
What kind of mods? I'm looking for ideas.

I had my cross bars (5), hood handles, brush gaurd and light guards Rhino Lined. The stock fuel door and the chrome piece on the back tire cover powder coated flat black. Put Power Steps on it, 17"DVD player in the back, changed all lights inside to LED's and added some under the dash and seats. Added 6 offroad lights and put switches in the overhead. Changed wheels and tires, intake and exhaust. I think thats it.

JesseJames1956 04-29-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe
I had my cross bars (5), hood handles, brush gaurd and light guards Rhino Lined. The stock fuel door and the chrome piece on the back tire cover powder coated flat black. Put Power Steps on it, 17"DVD player in the back, changed all lights inside to LED's and added some under the dash and seats. Added 6 offroad lights and put switches in the overhead. Changed wheels and tires, intake and exhaust. I think thats it.

I have to check into those Power Steps. Currently no steps at all and the wife is 5' 5. I'm getting tired of throwing her inside! The LED's also because the interior is all black and what little light there is, is quickly absorbed.

splne1 04-30-2010 05:00 AM

I bet it would look sick with a Black grille instead of chrome!!!!:excited:

JesseJames1956 04-30-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splne1
I bet it would look sick with a Black grille instead of chrome!!!!:excited:

But with black you don't get that same look of terror on Mrs. Daisy's face, when you roll up on her in the fast lane while she's driving 45! :D

frenzy1 04-30-2010 06:20 PM

nice rig bro !

JesseJames1956 04-30-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenzy1
nice rig bro !

Thanks!

splne1 05-02-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

But with black you don't get that same look of terror on Mrs. Daisy's face, when you roll up on her in the fast lane while she's driving 45! :D

LOL you should see the faces when they see mine in the rear!!! LOL Damn near looks like im going to just run right through them!:dancingbanana:

Hellz 05-02-2010 06:51 PM

just out of curosity, from your pics, it seems like you have a major front rake going on.

did you do this on purpose?

did you lower the front end, or jack the rear end?

splne1 05-04-2010 07:03 PM

Well that damn guard on it is heavy as hell!!! And mine has rear coils. I noticed that the coiled rear H2's have a little more rake. Or it may look extreme because of the pic angle!!

VegasGuy 05-05-2010 02:51 AM

Quote:

I have to check into those Power Steps. Currently no steps at all and the wife is 5' 5. I'm getting tired of throwing her inside! The LED's also because the interior is all black and what little light there is, is quickly absorbed.

Congrats on the new Hummer. You are going to love it.

It's a long shot, but I spotted some Power Steps on CL a few days ago here in Vegas. Maybe the guy might ship?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/1718856355.html

(And no, I am not the guy with the Power Steps.)

JesseJames1956 05-05-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasGuy
Congrats on the new Hummer. You are going to love it.

It's a long shot, but I spotted some Power Steps on CL a few days ago here in Vegas. Maybe the guy might ship?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/1718856355.html

(And no, I am not the guy with the Power Steps.)

The wife fell in love with the Power Steps. If I don't get those on Craig's, I might just order new.
Thanks for looking out!!!

JesseJames1956 05-05-2010 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by splne1
LOL you should see the faces when they see mine in the rear!!! LOL Damn near looks like im going to just run right through them!:dancingbanana:

I see what you mean. Kinda looks like this guy rolling up on you!
Attachment 52587

:D

JesseJames1956 08-20-2011 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've added a few items since I last posted. The luggage carrier I got off of Ebay for $100. I color matched the paint and did the job myself. The spare tire holder was purchased for $150 including the spare from a family that was moving to Florida. I just happened to be rolling down the street and they were going in the opposite direction in a Uhaul. They chased me down and since they sold their Hummer, they had no more use for the carrier that was never installed.
Next up...I got a rigid spare tire cover that I plan to paint the same color and a backup camera.