Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Reduced Engine Power" HELP!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8464)

pools2do 06-23-2005 09:20 PM

Hi all. Hope someone can help.
1st mistake was letting a guy detail my truck and he thought it would be nice to "degrease" the engine. I think he got water where its not suppose to go and now the engine is in
"Limp Mode". I tried a yard blower and a air compressor to blow out any water which I didn't see anywhere.
Any Ideas other than taking it to the shop for diagnostics?
As always, ANY help is always appreciatted!!

pools2do 06-23-2005 09:20 PM

Hi all. Hope someone can help.
1st mistake was letting a guy detail my truck and he thought it would be nice to "degrease" the engine. I think he got water where its not suppose to go and now the engine is in
"Limp Mode". I tried a yard blower and a air compressor to blow out any water which I didn't see anywhere.
Any Ideas other than taking it to the shop for diagnostics?
As always, ANY help is always appreciatted!!

Klaus 06-23-2005 09:42 PM

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for an hour or so. It might clear the code and get you going. Otherwise, you are going to need a scanner to read and clear the codes.

pools2do 06-23-2005 09:51 PM

Thanx Klaus!! I'll give it a try. Hope it works because me and the mrs were trying to go out of town this weekend...........

therock 06-23-2005 09:59 PM

If the 6.0 is anything like the 5.3 it may have foam inserts just under the intake manifold at the front and possibly the rear. This is to keep noise and grime off the KR sensors just over the lifter valley. Look to see if he blasted the foam wetting down the KR sensors?

PARAGON 06-23-2005 10:10 PM

Don't use the air compressor again. You can make it worse by pushing the air further into other electronics.

It could be a number of things. Try disconnecting the neg cable and if it doesn't work, let the truck idle, warm up and get hot to burn off the excess condensation. It might help.

pools2do 06-23-2005 10:11 PM

I did just a quick 5 minute battery disconnect for the heck of it. No Luck. I'll leave it disconnected for an hour.
Klaus, also I used the Whipple programmer with the s/c and changed the stock values for performance. Do I have to return the values to stock for the computer to possibly "reset"?

Paragon, I'll give that a try in about an hour and hope that might work. Thanx!

pools2do 06-23-2005 11:18 PM

"HOUSTON.... WE HAVE RPM's!!!!

Paragon, that did it!! Many Thanx!!
BUT..... I still have the engine symbol lit up on the dash. I will discon. the neg batt term and see if that does it. At least I can get it to the shop IF I had to clear the codes and not pay for a stinkin' tow truck. hehe

Klaus 06-23-2005 11:38 PM

I wouldn't reset the programming. I doubt that would help, and you might ruin your engine if you run it without special programming for the supercharger.

Does your programmer read computer/trouble codes? Some do.

Sounds like Paragon has you on the right track. It may dry out overnight and be fine.

pools2do 06-23-2005 11:55 PM

BOTH YOU GUYS WERE DEAD ON THE MONEY!!
You guys Rock!! hehe!!
As per Paragon, the engine heat dried it out so I can get rpm's.
And Klaus, I reconn the battery and the engine symbol is gone!! Guess all is reset back to normal. Runs Great.
Thanks again guys.
Now I have no excuse not to go on the trip with the mrs. Lemme get the water hose out and clean the engine!! hehehe.........

Klaus 06-24-2005 12:58 AM

Good deal! Cheated the tow truck driver this time.

Bill Kervaski 06-24-2005 01:24 AM

I had the same thing happen after I degreased my engine. It came down to just a sensor having to dry out. No big deal, just had to be patient.