Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   lightbar installed. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32034)

TonyH3 01-10-2008 10:15 PM

lightbar installed.

just got my H3 back. got the dealer to install my lightbar. love the look. can't wait to see how they work tonight.

brad_p 01-10-2008 10:39 PM

Re: lightbar installed.

looks good.

wpage 01-11-2008 12:48 AM

LOOKS NICE:beerchug:

Hal 01-14-2008 04:45 AM

looks good!(a lot like mine:D )

How do you like the downward glare on the windshield?
It bothered me so much I got the grill mounted off road lights in addition to the roof lights. Now I just keep the covers on the roof lights and only use the grill set.
If I drive with the covers off they whistle up there till you can't stand it.

Also if the little round plastic caps that cover the mounting screws up there are loose even just a tiny bit you will hear a sound like you've got an acorn rattling around up inside the roof above the front windshield. It took me a while to figure out where that sound was coming from. I couldn't believe one of those little trim caps could cause that much noise.

Roof lights still look good! no question there, just wish they were more functional.

A front windshield visor would eliminate the glare, but I haven't found one yet.

MarK M 01-14-2008 10:29 AM

looks good. :beerchug:

TonyH3 01-14-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal
looks good!(a lot like mine:D )

How do you like the downward glare on the windshield?
It bothered me so much I got the grill mounted off road lights in addition to the roof lights. Now I just keep the covers on the roof lights and only use the grill set.
If I drive with the covers off they whistle up there till you can't stand it.

Also if the little round plastic caps that cover the mounting screws up there are loose even just a tiny bit you will hear a sound like you've got an acorn rattling around up inside the roof above the front windshield. It took me a while to figure out where that sound was coming from. I couldn't believe one of those little trim caps could cause that much noise.

Roof lights still look good! no question there, just wish they were more functional.

A front windshield visor would eliminate the glare, but I haven't found one yet.

I agree the glare is bad. I am working on a product to solve that. i would never add a visor to the H3. Since i am the owner of decaldriven.com i am working on a few things that will solve the issue. i will post pics when i get them done. .

Scouts Out 01-15-2008 02:57 AM

since you are the owner, can you make the neat little decals that go on the faux air cleaners that some one had posted on here? I woudl love a set in silver

TonyH3 01-15-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouts Out
since you are the owner, can you make the neat little decals that go on the faux air cleaners that some one had posted on here? I woudl love a set in silver

sure can. email me

wannabeH3 01-15-2008 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah that glare sucks unless you have a perfectly clean windshield, which is never

Big Dad 01-16-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabeH3
yeah that glare sucks unless you have a perfectly clean windshield, which is never

Dam dude, where was that at around here?

Hal 01-20-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyH3
I agree the glare is bad. I am working on a product to solve that. i would never add a visor to the H3. Since i am the owner of decaldriven.com i am working on a few things that will solve the issue. i will post pics when i get them done. .

:excited: please do! I would be very interested in a solution to the glare, and I'm sure some others here would be as well.
.................................:popcorn: