Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Custom CB antenna mount. Lots of pics (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40317)

Scarsman 10-01-2010 05:41 PM

Custom CB antenna mount. Lots of pics

I finally put my old CB into the H2. I have had this old thing for about 17 years. It has been in two different trucks and my old Suburban. The shop I bought it from was an old guy who tweeked it to 7 watts, I think it was.

The antenna is a Wilson 1000. It is about 12-15 years old. It was about the best you could get when I got it. Not sure of the state of the art now. It's probably dated I imagine.

Anyway, I built a custom bracket to mount the antenna to the spare tire carrier. I did not want to drill any holes in the carrier, so I made it clamp on. Here are the brackets:

I lined them with inner tube rubber so they would not damage the finish of the carrier. In case I ever want to remove it.

Scarsman 10-01-2010 05:46 PM

Re: Custom CB antenna mount. Lots of pics

Here it is in place. It is finished with Duracoat bedliner.

Scarsman 10-01-2010 05:48 PM

Here it is with the Wilson base attached:

Here it is with the connector cap for when you don't want the antenna on:

Scarsman 10-01-2010 05:49 PM

Here it is with the antenna on:

It was dark when I got the CB mounted, so I'll have to get pictures of that tomorrow. I am not sure if it will stay where I have it now. I'll have to try it awhile and see if I like it. The antenna cable is also routed through the inside temporarily. I need to get an extension and then I will route it along the underbody and in through the firewall grommet. But it works for now.

Scarsman 10-01-2010 06:35 PM

Here is the CB. I just have it on with industrial velcro for now. I'll try it for awhile and see if I like it there. For as big as the truck is, there really is not a lot of room for things like this!

twr 10-01-2010 06:53 PM

Hi i am not a CB guy but nice job on the antenna mount, i don't like drilling holes either.

ROUSHDEMON 10-02-2010 03:06 AM

DAMN! Nice job man! I made my own bracket as well to put it on top of the middle consule. I'll try to get a pic here soon.

Scarsman 10-02-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
DAMN! Nice job man! I made my own bracket as well to put it on top of the middle consule. I'll try to get a pic here soon.

I'd like to see that.

H2005 08-23-2013 01:27 AM

Yeah I would like to see it too.