Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marker Light lens p/n (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30324)

GUERRILLACYCLES 10-11-2007 07:58 PM

Marker Light lens p/n

Hey all, new here, just got my H2 on Saturday. '03 Sunset Orange. Loving it more by the minute!!

Anyway, while installing my Sirius antenna, I noticed one of my rear corner marker lights had a broken lens. Does anyone know where I can find a p/n or parts diagram for these?

A quick search of the forum didn't turn anything up, and the local dealer wants to sell me the whole light assembly. Just need a lens thank you!

Thanks for any help!

tower 10-11-2007 08:31 PM

Re: Marker Light lens p/n

LINK

GUERRILLACYCLES 10-11-2007 08:53 PM

Sorry, I meant the rear corner roof marker lights... The link led me to the diagram I need, but they are still trying to sell the whole assembly, albeit $10 cheaper than the dealer.

tower 10-11-2007 10:31 PM

It's that or this or buy a cheaper truck.

LINK

Either way you go, it's cheaper than a tank of gas! :jump::jump:

GUERRILLACYCLES 10-12-2007 03:27 AM

Aaaah, the old, "buy a cheaper car" zinger. How quickly it rears it's ugly head. I feel so totally :OWNED:

I have no problem affording the light, or the truck. I just don't need the whole assemebly, and I have enough car, truck, and motorcycle parts lying around the shop.

I would prefer to buy just the part I need, and not fill my space with useless crap.

Now, if there were someone else on the board who needed a base with pigtail and weatherseal, I'd be willing to split the cost, and cover shipping to send their part to them... I just think it's silly that to get a light cover, you have to buy the whole light assembly.

Oh, and I'm in Ohio, so the tank of gas I bought today was only $68.

tower 10-12-2007 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUERRILLACYCLES
Aaaah, the old, "buy a cheaper car" zinger. How quickly it rears it's ugly head. I feel so totally :OWNED:

I have no problem affording the light, or the truck. I just don't need the whole assemebly, and I have enough car, truck, and motorcycle parts lying around the shop.

I would prefer to buy just the part I need, and not fill my space with useless crap.

Now, if there were someone else on the board who needed a base with pigtail and weatherseal, I'd be willing to split the cost, and cover shipping to send their part to them... I just think it's silly that to get a light cover, you have to buy the whole light assembly.

Oh, and I'm in Ohio, so the tank of gas I bought today was only $68.

Sorry you feel so owned. That wasn't my intention. If it had been ,it would have been painfully clear. And, for the record, I'm glad you get your gas cheap. Not so true out here on the left coast. Splitting the cost of the lamp housing... Interesting... for me, wasting all the time and shipping wouldn't be worth the $30. But that's just me. Good luck with your sale. :D