Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   hummer accessory store closing (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16723)

hmrlvr 05-12-2006 09:34 PM

hummer accessory store closing

all stock will sell at cost http://www.hummerhub.com/
They have some SMA brushguards:) Call them to get the prices, the ones on the site are not the reduced prices.

H3 Hummer 05-13-2006 01:18 AM

Re: hummer accessory store closing

Does that SMA brusch guard come with the winch mounting?

NEOCON1 05-13-2006 02:26 AM

these guys are great , sad to hear they are closing the doors :mad: if you need anything get in touch with them ASAP . i hear the stock is going fast

DarthKarl 05-13-2006 12:43 PM

Darn, that's a real shame. :(

The Green Lantern 05-13-2006 02:31 PM

so, what's gonna happen to the roof rack raffle?

hmrlvr 05-13-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
so, what's gonna happen to the roof rack raffle?

I knew you would be asking. I've got that question in to him and will let you know ASAP. I guess it depends on how many tickets were sold:confused:

hmrlvr 05-15-2006 02:14 AM

Ok, here's the deal with the raffle. It is still on, he hasn't closed down just yet (and he may not need to). No one has been or will be charged until it actually takes place. All your doing by entering the raffle is agreeing to pay when it actually does take place. As of now, enough people have not bought tickets. If and when enough tickets are bought to cover the cost of the rack, the raffle will take place and everyone who signed up will be charged the 20 bucks. So buy some more so one of us can win. Actually, I ordered one 2 weeks ago and am expecting it soon:D

hmrlvr 05-15-2006 06:43 PM

in stock price list http://www.hummerhub.com/InStock.html

Idaho-Hummer 05-15-2006 10:18 PM

does $650 for a SMA brush gaurd (with shipping) seem like a good price?

Hummer Guy 05-18-2006 04:53 PM

Am I missing something? There used to be a story and a release about them closing, and now everything appears normal. Anyone else find this strange?

hmrlvr 05-18-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
Am I missing something? There used to be a story and a release about them closing, and now everything appears normal. Anyone else find this strange?

What are you talking about? Never heard of such a thing.;)
Actually, the owner says he may have a buisness partner involved now and he may not need to give it up when he relocates. We'll see, but those of of us who got stuff at cost for a few days, I guess lucked out:D :D :D

Hummer Guy 05-18-2006 11:15 PM

And they were really low prices..just seems strange..<shrugs>

Demo 05-19-2006 08:40 PM

I won a SMA brush guard from them a month or so ago for $530.00 on ebay. Long story short they sold it to someone else and didn't have anymore. When I saw that they were advertising more on thier website I called and asked if they were willing to honor the auction. "We already sold that one" yeah I said but now you have ten more. "Well, I will call you back with a deal" Harry said. No return call no deal. I really wanted an SMA brush guard, and I was willing to pay what ever they wanted. Maybe I am being a little bit of a jerk but, screw them! I won't buy anything from them just on principle. Thanks "Harry".

PARAGON 05-19-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmrlvr
What are you talking about? Never heard of such a thing.;)
Actually, the owner says he may have a buisness partner involved now and he may not need to give it up when he relocates. We'll see, but those of of us who got stuff at cost for a few days, I guess lucked out:D :D :D

Well, YOU might have gotten some things at cost, but it's not likely anyone else did.

Several people called for prices during this "cry for help" and the prices given were not at cost. Then there was a statement that one could just buy something through the site but they would call to verify and give the actual price. etc etc.

All sounds a little scummy to me.

hmrlvr 05-19-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARAGON
Well, YOU might have gotten some things at cost, but it's not likely anyone else did.

Several people called for prices during this "cry for help" and the prices given were not at cost. Then there was a statement that one could just buy something through the site but they would call to verify and give the actual price. etc etc.

All sounds a little scummy to me.

Let me first say, I'm not involved in this company in any way. I know the owner, Jose only from going into the shop and purchasing things. That said, the original intent was to close down shop. The guy is relocatting to New York and can't run the buisness from there with all that is going on with his family. Since then he has had numerous offers to purchase the company and or parts of it which would be quicker for him.

I called him and voiced our concerns and he said he will honor the prices on the price sheet he posted on his site. Those prices are what he paid for each item. The reason you had to buy the item without knowing the actual price is because he was not going to go through his entire site and change prices, thats why he posted the price sheet later. No credit card was going to be charged until you, the buyer agreed on the price.
Thats what he told me and he will still sell the ebay winner a guard for the price he won it at. He had no knowledge of the conversation with Harry.

MarK M 05-19-2006 10:24 PM

let me say both Jose and Dave (hmrlvr) are stand up guys. They will not jerk you around.

I've persnoally delt with Dave and nothing but great service on his part!!! I know Dave doesnt work for them, but is close with Jose and gets any information I needed quickly.

Demo 05-19-2006 10:44 PM

What about this "Harry" character that jerked me around?:mad:

hmrlvr 05-19-2006 11:06 PM

Don't know for sure but last I heard he was GONE. If the buisness sells, I doubt he'll be back.

HummerNewbie 05-20-2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmrlvr
Don't know for sure but last I heard he was GONE. If the buisness sells, I doubt he'll be back.

I dealt with him less than a week ago when I was considering getting a light bar from them. Ended up not getting it though.

Lucifer 05-28-2006 09:49 AM

I was also just jerked around by Hummer Hub. I saw the price of the sma brush guard online, and called to make sure they had it in stock. They said they would call me right back with the total with shipping, around 650. They didn't call me back until the next day and told me the price for the brush guard was now 750 without shipping!:mad: WTF What a bunch of dishonest scumbags. The guy I talked to was Mike. This is one more shady place to avoid!!