Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My H2 Stolen (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20440)

corvo 09-14-2006 10:10 PM

My H2 Stolen

I just need to post this before I commute to L.A. for work. My Hummer was stolen on Video from the parking lot where I work. The lowlife scums that took it apparently had thier own Key. Police said where I had it serviced last is where the lowlife scumbag got my vin#, personal information, made a key and thus walked up to the hummer got in and drove away. I had it serviced at a wana be new and being built Hummer dealership in the Tustin Auto Center, Ca.
This is alot closer to me than Cerritos or my dealer on Ontario. Onstar was Useless in getting a location on it even though I called 15 minutes after the incident.Whittier Police Dept took an hour and thirty minutes to respond.I have to now get in my toyota celica that Farmers Insurance has put me in to get to work. I am pissed at everyone.

HummBob 09-15-2006 12:32 AM

Re: My H2 Stolen

Man, Sorry to hear that :mad: :mad:

BASTARDS!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Make sure it doesn't END UP ON eBay:mad:

SCB51861 09-15-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBob
Man, Sorry to hear that :mad: :mad:

BASTARDS!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Make sure it doesn't END UP ON eBay:mad:

What like yours:D

DDWH 09-15-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvo
I just need to post this before I commute to L.A. for work. My Hummer was stolen on Video from the parking lot where I work. The lowlife scums that took it apparently had thier own Key. Police said where I had it serviced last is where the lowlife scumbag got my vin#, personal information, made a key and thus walked up to the hummer got in and drove away. I had it serviced at a wana be new and being built Hummer dealership in the Tustin Auto Center, Ca.
This is alot closer to me than Cerritos or my dealer on Ontario. Onstar was Useless in getting a location on it even though I called 15 minutes after the incident.Whittier Police Dept took an hour and thirty minutes to respond.I have to now get in my toyota celica that Farmers Insurance has put me in to get to work. I am pissed at everyone.

What year and color? It's probably already in TJ:mad:

wilfred 09-15-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

While I would sympathized victim of stolen vehicle, above story doesn't make any sense. If this lowlife works at tustin auto center, why can't he simply make a copy of the key? If you work in LA, what does whittier PD has to do with this? And farmers insurance is putting you in your own toyota celica? Or are you saying they put you in a rental celica? I don't know of any place that rents out celicas, not to mention they've stopped making celicas for sometime now:confused:

You are pissed at everyone? That I believe you:yawn:

MarineHawk 09-15-2006 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilfred
While I would sympathized victim of stolen vehicle, above story doesn't make any sense. If this lowlife works at tustin auto center, why can't he simply make a copy of the key? If you work in LA, what does whittier PD has to do with this? And farmers insurance is putting you in your own toyota celica? Or are you saying they put you in a rental celica? I don't know of any place that rents out celicas, not to mention they've stopped making celicas for sometime now:confused:

You are pissed at everyone? That I believe you:yawn:

The Celica thing doesn't surprise me. State Farm has provided me with Gremlins, Pintos, and Edsels as loaners during the countless recent thefts of my Hummer by dealer-insiders.

It's definitely a strange first post. Can't imagine owning an H2(?), not having any interest in posting, but suddenly feeling the urge after it was stolen. Further, it seems like almost all Hummer owners (as opposed to posers) would mention whether their vehicle was an H1, H2, or H3 at least once in such a post.

working Hummer 09-15-2006 03:26 AM

Hmmmmm, something fishy going on here. Maybe it's the guy who ownes "Hummbobs'" H2 on Ebay.:giggling:

CO Hummer 09-15-2006 06:00 AM

I'm not sure if it's only a coincidence......but I just saw Shaggy driving an H2 down I-70. :eek:

corvo 09-15-2006 10:11 AM

O.k. I'm home from work and as a long time reader of this forum I am sorry that I have never posted anything before, but have used this forum for valuable information. I only posted now that something as important as a service tech at a Dealership copying a vin# and getting personal information, then stealing my H2(2004) might be of some concern to everyone.Whittier Police services Sante FE Springs, CA.( L.A. county.) I am driving a Toyota Corrola provided by Farmers Insurance as a rental, my bad I thought it was a celica (all the same to me) I don't work at a dealership, the police said that is where the lowlife scumbag made a key and got my personal information (where I work) and stole my H2. 52 hours later I am now thinking i will never see my H2 agian. My Full coverage insurance will only pay Kelly Blue Book according to Farmers......my loss is about 25K. After all is said and done I will buy another H2 and put Lojack, the club, and a kill switch. whatever it takes. i can't let them win.

corvo 09-15-2006 10:27 AM

P.S. I hope when all of you wake up your Hummer is where you parked it. Sorry no one had any good advice for me.:violin: I am now in the process of getting through the 2-3 week waiting period, then buying another one.

H2NY 09-15-2006 11:52 AM

Sorry for the loss man. Get you another H2 and get state farm. Good luck and keep us informed.

SnakeH2 09-15-2006 12:09 PM

I don't think you are allowed to post here until you get your new rig. Sorry.
:dancingbanana:

PARAGON 09-15-2006 01:21 PM

post the video

lvs 09-15-2006 01:56 PM

Why can't Onstar track it? Did you discontinue the service?

CO Hummer 09-15-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Sorry no one had any good advice for me.

What exactly were you looking for in terms of advice?

Motohead 09-15-2006 03:23 PM

geez guys, let be a little more humane and sympathetic.

OK, lets go club some baby seals now!

CO Hummer 09-15-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motohead
geez guys, let be a little more humane and sympathetic.

OK, lets go club some baby seals now!

:D :D

I just don't get what type of "advice" we are supposed to offer this guy. :confused:

Lean Machine 09-15-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

P.S. I hope when all of you wake up your Hummer is where you parked it. Sorry no one had any good advice for me.:violin: I am now in the process of getting through the 2-3 week waiting period, then buying another one.

Make sure you get GAP insurance with your next purchase. Gap insurance covers the difference between what you owe, compared to what the vehicle is worth in case it is totaled for ANY reason (even theft)

Good luck

PARAGON 09-15-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lean Machine
Make sure you get GAP insurance with your next purchase. Gap insurance covers the difference between what you owe, compared to what the vehicle is worth in case it is totaled for ANY reason (even theft)

Good luck

if you have to have GAP insurance, you're stoopid

Captain of the Titanic 09-15-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARAGON
if you have to have GAP insurance, you're stoopid

:lame:

I'd say gap insurance would have saved him $25K. Doesn't sound too STUPID to me.

I would definitely change to State Farm. When I totalled my 6 week old H3 the only thing I was out was the few bits of bling I had already added. I have been with State Farm for 18 years and am very happy with them.

Sorry to hear about the theft. That really sucks. If they catch the bastards who stole it, drop us a post. I'd be willing to hop a flight from Dallas to get in on the stump hanging.

(For those of you who aren't from the south, a stump hanging involves a stump, a nail, a hammer, a deserving SOB and his private parts, and a good shove...)
:D