Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Tires (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10301)

GONEGOLFING 02-05-2005 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Fellas and Ladies Just thought you'd like to see a new set of BFG Mud Terrains with the letters out on a white H2. 35x12.50x17 on show chrome plated Hummer Wheels. We normally get quite a winter here in Northeast Oregon but its evaded us so far. Next week is the Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust. After I run it a bit I'll post some sound clips. Have a good Super Bowl Sunday and go Patriots!

GONEGOLFING 02-05-2005 04:34 PM

Hey Fellas and Ladies Just thought you'd like to see a new set of BFG Mud Terrains with the letters out on a white H2. 35x12.50x17 on show chrome plated Hummer Wheels. We normally get quite a winter here in Northeast Oregon but its evaded us so far. Next week is the Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust. After I run it a bit I'll post some sound clips. Have a good Super Bowl Sunday and go Patriots!

RIC-H0 02-05-2005 05:25 PM

Looks better than I thought it would!
Good Job!

Ric-H2

dochummer 02-14-2005 04:07 AM

Do you have some more pics of your h2? I'm trying to decide if I want the 35" or the 37"....

RIC-H0 02-14-2005 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine with 37's

ROX 02-14-2005 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with black letters out. And I like yours with white out. Same size and make tire, too. Northeast Oregon? Maybe we'll see you on the trail sometime.

CONRAD II 02-14-2005 10:22 PM

I think the 37's speak for themselves.

GONEGOLFING 02-15-2005 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another pic with the 35s. I wanted to go with the 37s but didn't want to mess with recaliberation of the spedometer and I didn't want to loose any power. I did raise my front torsion bars and had an allignment done. With the new exhaust I can really tell the increase in torque so I am a happy camper.

devilsfan 02-15-2005 03:34 PM

As for the speedometer, the difference is a 7% increase with 37s vs 35s. Not worth recalibrating - I don't think a single person here has recalibrated with 37s.

Stacy

dochummer 02-15-2005 05:00 PM

thanks for the pic gonegolfing. So do you live in the portland area/western part of the state. Noticed you have a lot of cloud cover . I know it's been discussed before, but do you notice more noise with the mud-terrain as opposed to the stock tires?

RIC-H0 02-15-2005 05:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Noticed you have a lot of cloud cover </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...We have clouds here in S.Texas too you know! They're just alot bigger, and all shaped like horses and cows!

Ric-H2

ROX 02-15-2005 06:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GONEGOLFING:
Heres another pic with the 35s. I wanted to go with the 37s but didn't want to mess with recaliberation of the spedometer and I didn't want to loose any power. I did raise my front torsion bars and had an allignment done. With the new exhaust I can really tell the increase in torque so I am a happy camper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you explain what raising the front torsion bars does? Sorry for a seemingly stupid question. Does it raise the chassis a little? I went with flowmaster 40 exhaust. LOVE IT.

GONEGOLFING 02-15-2005 11:32 PM

I live in Northeast Oregon..Middle of the blue mountains. 10 minutes from all kinds of off-roading. As for you "H2 Rocks" cranking up the torsion bars raises the chasis by adjusting the ride hieght of the front suspension, thus giving you a bit of lift and clearnace between the tires and body parts. It does stiffin the ride and yes I do notice a little bit more tire noise but for an agressive traction radial my experience has been that the BFG is the quietest of the lot. By the way where are you located in Oregon H2 Rocks?

H2Finally 02-15-2005 11:57 PM

Gonegolfing, can I ask where you get the two additional roof rails bar you have on your H2?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 02-16-2005 01:42 AM

Hi H2Finally
If You will watch ebay You can get another pair ussualy like new priced quite low. I got a pair for $125.00 plus shipping

TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Gonegolfing, can I ask where you get the two additional roof rails bar you have on your H2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dochummer 02-16-2005 02:45 AM

How far are you from the tri-cities, WA?

GONEGOLFING 02-16-2005 02:25 PM

I am 120 from the Tri-Cities area. I'm over there all the time. My best friend lives over there and drives the yellow H1 he owns the new OK95 radio.com station. 97.9 on the air. Jeff Jacobs I'm sure you've heard if you use to listen to power99 He use to be the program director. My name is Jeff also.

dochummer 02-16-2005 02:34 PM

I've heard of him but haven't actually met him. I grew up listening to OK95 on the radio...was sad to see it switch to country Let me know next time you're in the area, I'd like to check out your tire setup.

ROX 02-16-2005 02:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GONEGOLFING:
I live in Northeast Oregon..Middle of the blue mountains. 10 minutes from all kinds of off-roading. As for you "H2 Rocks" cranking up the torsion bars raises the chasis by adjusting the ride hieght of the front suspension, thus giving you a bit of lift and clearnace between the tires and body parts. It does stiffin the ride and yes I do notice a little bit more tire noise but for an agressive traction radial my experience has been that the BFG is the quietest of the lot. By the way where are you located in Oregon H2 Rocks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live near Boring, OR. I'll have to give OK95 a listen on my way by sometime. Maybe we should all meet somewhere over there and do some off roading. I have a friend that's getting a nwhummerclub.com website going. He just started and so far it's coming along nicely. You can link to it from H2Source hummer clubs.
I have the same tires and I agree with you, they are the quietest of the bunch, and I didn't want to increase the size because I need the all the ponies I can get to tow my trailer.
Maybe 37's next time. My kids can just barely get in it as it is.
By raising the torsion bars aren't you worried about breaking something off road?

rifle 02-18-2005 10:06 PM

can the 35's go on the stock wheels without any alteration to the suspension componants?