Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Boulder Grey Lux + Eclipse Nav pics! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10917)

RazM 07-03-2005 08:28 PM

Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi

RazM 07-03-2005 08:28 PM

Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi

HummerNewbie 07-03-2005 11:04 PM

RazM,

Looks great. I like the Eclipse.

Hummer3 07-03-2005 11:15 PM

Thanks for the photos, I have not seen a Nav.

Nice

First Hummer 07-03-2005 11:46 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did the install for you?

RazM 07-04-2005 01:48 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
Here are a few pics of my H3, I've also included pics of the Eclipse Navi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did the install for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dealer, I did research and specifically asked for that model Eclipse, they did a fantastic job

LasVegas 07-04-2005 03:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Who did the install for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dealer, I did research and specifically asked for that model Eclipse, they did a fantastic job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nice rig. Is there a reason you went with the Eclipse over factory Nav and what did they charge for the Nav?

shotbolt 07-04-2005 06:07 PM

With the Eclipse system, can you use the XM antenna for the XM radio in the Eclipe (I assume you didn't give up the XM).

RazM 07-05-2005 05:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
Nice rig. Is there a reason you went with the Eclipse over factory Nav and what did they charge for the Nav? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read that the factory Nav wasn't the best and going after market would be a better choice for the money. The Eclipse was highly regarded so that's what I decided on. I'm really happy with it. It's got great touch-screen controls, searching for locations by address or name is really smooth, AM/FM, plays CD's, DVD's, MP3's and most importantly has this really hot sounding chick talking out directions to you...
I'm considering adding a rear view camera since it also supports that. It cost roughly $2800 US dollars including install.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shotbolt:
With the Eclipse system, can you use the XM antenna for the XM radio in the Eclipe (I assume you didn't give up the XM). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in Canada, and satellite radio just got approved here. I don't think the one I got supports XM, I know there is a version that supports Sirius, not sure about XM. I'm into MP'3 mainly anyway and CD/DVD audio.

usetosellhummer 07-06-2005 03:47 PM

I think the Eclipse is much better than the Gm factory Nav. Remember yo must have the nav disc in the Gm one for it to work and the updates are very expensive. I never liked it. Let us know how it performs

par 07-21-2005 07:56 PM

RazM,

Which model Eclipse is that?
Does the nav work great or just so-so (like I've heard the Pioneer works)?
One more question, do all of the functions work when you are driving, or are many of them disabled unless you are parked with the parking break on (like the Pioneer navs)?

RazM 07-24-2005 08:08 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by par:
RazM,

Which model Eclipse is that?
Does the nav work great or just so-so (like I've heard the Pioneer works)?
One more question, do all of the functions work when you are driving, or are many of them disabled unless you are parked with the parking break on (like the Pioneer navs)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey sorry for the late reply.
This is my first navigation system, so I can't compare it to any other. However, I can tell you it's a dream to use. Once you get to know what each button does (on screen and sides) it becomes second nature. Address search works great, but I really love the Point of Interest search. It's never been easier to find the nearest Wendys
The onscreen keyboard (to type in names, addresses, cities, etc) has a great feature where it automatically disables letters, only showing the letters that could possibly be used in the word you're typing. This helps streamline the input of names and avoids any mistypes. When you set a destination, a (sexy) female voice tells you directions as you approach turns/exits/etc.

When I was doing research into which nav to get, the overall consensus was that the Eclipse was the one to choose over the Pioneer. I have the AVN2454 (no sirius/ipod compatiblity)

As for restrictions, the screen will not show a DVD movie while the car is in motion, that's all I've found to be restricted.

H3 Hummer 08-31-2005 02:18 AM

to bad you don't have the off road package to use it

Pacey 08-31-2005 10:33 AM

Interesting pics but it looks like the Nav does not fit perfectly in the Radio space. Looks like it needs a frame to match the dashboard. Anybody knows if these are available?
I am also thinking of putting a Kenwood ddx7025 into mine.