Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   FINAL PICTURE (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11678)

hmrlvr 01-17-2006 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FINAL PICTURE OF MY H3... BEFORE I WIN AND INSTALL MY GOBI RACK

hmrlvr 01-17-2006 10:31 PM

FINAL PICTURE OF MY H3... BEFORE I WIN AND INSTALL MY GOBI RACK

ETD 01-17-2006 10:44 PM

In case I don't win the GOBI rack , does anyone know when the rack with the tire carrier for the H3 is coming out?

NEOCON1 01-18-2006 01:50 AM

gobi gobi gobi

Sewie 01-18-2006 04:43 AM

sorry folks, that rack is all mine.

I hope you didn't waste your time putting your names in.

MarK M 01-18-2006 04:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ETD:
In case I don't win the GOBI rack , does anyone know when the rack with the tire carrier for the H3 is coming out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting... so the spare tire is mounted on the roof? What happens to aerodynamics? also, what fills the void in the back if the tire is on the roof?

just curious. and if thats not what you meant... oops

hmrlvr 01-18-2006 01:08 PM

Check this out regarding relocating the spare, if you haven't seen it. http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...831#3521095831

Ipedog 01-18-2006 05:26 PM

I feel for all of you. Come the 31st that Gobi is mine!

Hummie3 01-18-2006 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Na... I really think it would look better on mine.

ETD 01-18-2006 08:42 PM

Actually, there was another post of a red H3 with spare relocated to a roof rack (custom made?). He filled the holes in the back gate with a couple of bolts from Home Depot or somewhere. Looked great to me. Too lazy to find the post for y'all, though. In any case, got an email from Gobi today which said that the H3 rack with spare wheel carrier will be out mid February. I supposed that I'll have TWO carrier after I win

H3Eric 01-19-2006 01:04 AM

ETD, since you are so sure that you win and will have two soon. Maybe you send one over to me I will pay shipping.

StarsnBars 01-19-2006 04:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think ETD's post might of been my H3. Home Depot,,nope they didnt have chrome allen bolts. Mark nothing fills the void for me ,,I like the look of just the rig, not a tire hanging off the back.

Hummie3 01-19-2006 09:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarsnBars:
I think ETD's post might of been my H3. Home Depot,,nope they didnt have chrome allen bolts. Mark nothing fills the void for me ,,I like the look of just the rig, not a tire hanging off the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey StarsnBars, where did you buy the bumper extension? Thats nice.

StarsnBars 01-19-2006 01:14 PM

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H3_Rear_s/58.htm right here

ETD 01-19-2006 05:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think ETD's post might of been my H3. Home Depot,,nope they didnt have chrome allen bolts. Mark nothing fills the void for me ,,I like the look of just the rig, not a tire hanging off the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's it. My memory didn't serve me well as I imagined that you had the spare on the roof as well. Now I remember that you mentioned that you have it in the back, right? You're waiting for the rack with the tire carrier, right? Anyways, yours was the rig that inspired me. Where did you get the chrome allen bolts again? Thanks.

StarsnBars 01-20-2006 04:13 AM

My local hardware store had them, Spare pretty much sits in the garage unless I take a trip. Yes Im waiting for the right rack to come out. See ya

timgco 01-21-2006 12:54 AM

Hey guys/ girls. Sorry for the later reaply on this. The spare tire rack will be available soon. I can't give you an exact date, but soon. It will hold up to a 35" tire. For those wanting to put a 37", there will be other options but won't look the same in the rear. The tire mount rack will look close to what the H2 tire rack looks like. some will leave the tire on the back and add a second to the roof, others will be removing from the rear and than..... well ?i can't say what you get back there yet, but I can promise it will be cool! If you are waiting for one of these, they can be pre-ordered and you will be added to the list.

BTW- the whole "free" "give-a-way" thing is just a joke. I already have that one! JK

OOOOOOOhhh, that random name drawing is just around the corner.

H3 Guy 01-21-2006 01:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
It will hold up to a 35" tire. For those wanting to put a 37", there will be other options but won't look the same in the rear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The spare tire mount is slightly agnled down. You can unbolt it, flip it over and now its angled slightly up. 37's will now fit.

HummerNewbie 01-21-2006 04:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
... others will be removing from the rear and than..... well ?i can't say what you get back there yet, but I can promise it will be cool! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been thinking you could fab a cool mount for shovel, hi-lift and other gear that would replace the spare mount. That would be cool.

Sewie 01-22-2006 02:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
I have been thinking you could fab a cool mount for shovel, hi-lift and other gear that would replace the spare mount. That would be cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing.