Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   100 hp supercharger for 7K and test drive opinion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12054)

trading13 09-15-2005 02:51 PM

Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it.

trading13 09-15-2005 02:51 PM

Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it.

Hummer Guy 09-15-2005 03:18 PM

She'll go if you push 'er....Haven't heard anything more than rumors about a super charger.

f5fstop 09-15-2005 08:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salesman, you gotta love 'em, or shoot 'em.

flkeysff 09-15-2005 09:04 PM

I really don't know much more than you have already said, but I took my H3 into the dealer to have the rust checked out and the service manager was talking to me about the new supercharger. And he wanted to know if I wanted to buy one! Not for that kind of money.

trading13 09-15-2005 09:04 PM

lol ok so I'll take that as a "not gonna happen then" I thought my sales guy was telling me that cause I'm a girl and all and he obviously thought he could tell me a lot of crap, but then while I was waiting I heard another salesguy all excited telling this older guy checking out the h3 about it, so I was wondering.

flkeysff 09-15-2005 09:20 PM

I think I will wait for the programmer to come out, granted it won't yield the Hp that a supercharger would but I'm like you I think the truck has good power as is. I mean if you want to go fast buy a Vette if you want to go off roading buy a H3!

timgco 09-15-2005 09:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
lol ok so I'll take that as a "not gonna happen then" I thought my sales guy was telling me that cause I'm a girl and all and he obviously thought he could tell me a lot of crap, but then while I was waiting I heard another salesguy all excited telling this older guy checking out the h3 about it, so I was wondering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In another two months, the SEMA show will no doubt have a couple of companies that offer super chargers and will put out 70hp to 100hp.(just my guess)

Now, on the H2 the cost is around 7K to get a SC, air intake, and exhaust done with Magnuson's 3 yr/ 36,000 mile warranty.

So for that price, it better come with a warranty, exhaust, and intake. If you can take one for a drive when they come in- go for it. The H2 rips with the SC in it. I can only imagine an H3 with 320hp or more.

flkeysff 09-15-2005 09:30 PM

This is just my 2 cents but this is what I would like to see go into my H3
http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h1h2dudico.html

f5fstop 09-15-2005 09:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flkeysff:
This is just my 2 cents but this is what I would like to see go into my H3
http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h1h2dudico.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a shoehorn...maybe

usetosellhummer 09-16-2005 10:46 AM

unless it is a GM supercharger (vorteck etc.) You may get a warrenty block on your truck. I have seen this with a lift and a aftermarket supercharger. Good luck, hcip and exhaust is less expensive and less evasive