Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   03 H2 broken in (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13513)

wilfred 10-07-2005 05:49 PM

2am this morning, someone broke into my H2

Good news - Thanks to the awesome local police dept, they caught the guy within minutes.

Bad news - Both key holes on the front doors were punched in. The ignition was not messed with and nothing was stolen The strangest thing is the alarm did not go off But I heard door slamming noise and I saw the guy closing the driver's door so the door was opened

wilfred 10-07-2005 05:49 PM

2am this morning, someone broke into my H2

Good news - Thanks to the awesome local police dept, they caught the guy within minutes.

Bad news - Both key holes on the front doors were punched in. The ignition was not messed with and nothing was stolen The strangest thing is the alarm did not go off But I heard door slamming noise and I saw the guy closing the driver's door so the door was opened

HummerNewbie 10-07-2005 05:55 PM

Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear it but extremely happy to hear they caught him.

Dan 10-07-2005 09:26 PM

There are blockoff plates you can mount behind the door panel to prevent this too. I'll see if I can find them.

DRTYFN 10-07-2005 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All I have to say is....

Black 05 10-09-2005 03:12 AM

I had the same thing happen to mine, The H2's alarm didn't go off but my wife's Tahoe parked beside did!!!!

Timster 10-09-2005 02:09 PM

Sorry to hear that! I feel your pain!
Unfortunately it’s time to get one of those annoying aftermarket alarms.

Intercooled 10-10-2005 12:43 AM

Did onstar have anything to do wouth its locating and finding?

wilfred 10-10-2005 05:43 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
When a Hummer is broken into like that, the factory alarm will be disabled...get an aftermarket.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before I post this thread, I searched and think someone mentioned the way it was bypassed but it was deleted. Perfectly understandable not to post info like this on a public forum. But if anyone can PM me how exactly it was bypassed I would appreciate it. Since I will be putting in the new aftermarket alarm myself, it would be helpful.

wilfred 10-10-2005 05:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Intercooled:
Did onstar have anything to do wouth its locating and finding? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it wasn't moved at all. Nothing was stolen, not even the valueables. The only thing I can think of is he was looking for the garage door opener or pressing on the homelink buttons which are not programmed.

Hummertech 10-10-2005 10:53 AM

There is a kit that I have put in several H2's. It is a motion sensor that is an add on to an existing alarm system. I wire it in without an aftermarket alarm and tie it into the factory alarm system. So if anyone enters the vehicle in any way, it triggers the factory alarm and the horn starts going off. It works very well, and it's not expensive either.

Goalkeeper 10-10-2005 04:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
There is a kit that I have put in several H2's. It is a motion sensor that is an add on to an existing alarm system. I wire it in without an aftermarket alarm and tie it into the factory alarm system. So if anyone enters the vehicle in any way, it triggers the factory alarm and the horn starts going off. It works very well, and it's not expensive either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HummerTech - As I'm quite far from Dallas, unless it's Dallas, PA, could you provide some detail on the kit...where to buy, price, etc...?

Thanks!

-Matt

Shrek_H2 01-22-2006 05:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
There are blockoff plates you can mount behind the door panel to prevent this too. I'll see if I can find them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do youhave the link of the person who sells these?

Dave Compson 01-24-2006 06:08 AM

I would like to know about those 'block off' plates. Can somebody send me the info also?

dcompson@cox.net

Thanks

Dave

Alex13188 01-24-2006 10:50 AM

Here you go guys this might help http://jimmijammer.com/index.html

tomp 01-25-2006 04:17 AM

I do not see Hummers listed for those

tomp 01-25-2006 04:40 AM

Just curious if all of you are aware that (if I remember correctly) you need to lock it up using the button on the driver's side door in order to get the alarm to activate. I think this is how my manual read, but it's been a while since I read up on it.

KenP 01-25-2006 04:44 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp:
Just curious if all of you are aware that (if I remember correctly) you need to lock it up using the button on the driver's side door in order to get the alarm to activate. I think this is how my manual read, but it's been a while since I read up on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The most important thing is to be sure you have a good alignment. Otherwise the alarm signal will go the wrong way.

tomp 01-25-2006 01:59 PM

I need to start making a quarter everytime someone uses this new "alignment" phrase. It seems to be quite popular