Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sunroof express open feature (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15742)

Digital-Audiophile 04-06-2006 07:59 PM

I have a quick question folks -

When I push the express open button on the sunroof should it open all the way? When I press mine it opens almost all the way, maybe 3 inches from full, and if I want to get it all the way I need to push the button again? Is this supposed to happen or should I get it checked out at the dealer?

Thanks!

HummerNewbie 04-06-2006 08:19 PM

Yes, this is how it is supposed to work. If you open it all the way you can get some wind buffeting noise so I am guessing that is why it doesn't open all the way automatically. If you do get the buffeting noise you can roll the back windows down about an inch and it should go away.

Steve - SanJose 04-06-2006 08:37 PM

Mine does the same thing. I agree that it's probably to prevent the wind buffeting effect.

S.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 04-06-2006 08:41 PM

BACK window ?

RYD

Steve - SanJose 04-06-2006 08:52 PM

Yes - 2 back windows

The Green Lantern 04-06-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rubher yellow ducky:
BACK window ?

RYD

FROGGY69ER 04-06-2006 09:54 PM

Installed a sunroof wind deflector 2 weeks ago and it elliminates the need to open rear windows. Ebay $50.00.

Digital-Audiophile 04-06-2006 11:52 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys. I did notice that there was alot less wind turbulance in the truck when it was partially open like this.

I really do love the sunroof on the H3, the only other two vehicles that beat it in the sunroof size department would be the xtrail and the BMW X3.. now that sunroof is HUGE.

CUZICAN 04-07-2006 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FROGGY69ER:
Installed a sunroof wind deflector 2 weeks ago and it elliminates the need to open rear windows. Ebay $50.00.

Who's the maker of the deflector? Does it install with only adhesive?

FROGGY69ER 04-07-2006 01:21 PM

Here is the link. No tape, uses clips!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMMER-H3-Sunroof-Wind-D...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

H3.007 10-05-2006 07:32 PM

Re: Sunroof express open feature

On this same note, is it possible to get some kind of device that automatically closes the sunroof when the ignition is shut off? Just curious- sometimes I worry whether I have closed it or not....

Crash ? 10-05-2006 07:50 PM

Whoa... It opens further.. Man this is one big SOB...

H3.007 10-11-2006 01:48 PM

:iagree: I think a full Igloo cooler could be dropped in through that puppy. Very handy if I find myself surrounded by Taliban and have to have my sustenance air dropped to me!!

Hmmm2 10-12-2006 05:25 AM

Does anyone know if our sunroof comes with that safety feature of stopping if someones hand is about to be crushed up there? My manual is in the H3, but I swear I read that it automatically stops from closing if something is there, like a hand. I tried it (:giggling:), but it kept on closing. I yanked my hand out just in time.

H3PAC 10-12-2006 05:45 AM

It will only stop if it detects resistance. Leave your hand in there and try again. You gotta have faith. Worst case scenario: In the unlikely event that it doesn't stop, as it's supposed to, you may not be playing the piano for awhile.

:D

Hmmm2 10-12-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3PAC
In the unlikely event that it doesn't stop, as it's supposed to, you may not be playing the piano for awhile.:D

Uhhhh, maybe I'll try a tree branch instead. :giggling:

westhillsat 10-12-2006 07:50 AM

We had a thread on this many moons ago. I had to "bump" my first one with some force with my hand to have it stop and go back.

Haven't tried it with the new one yet :D

Hummerboy77 10-12-2006 10:59 PM

I am glad that we are talking about this sunroof. Because I didn't know it could open any further after it stops. While the Hummer saleman told me it was the biggest in it's class, but did not show me how much more the sunroof can open.

Hmmm2 10-13-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummerboy77
I am glad that we are talking about this sunroof. Because I didn't know it could open any further after it stops. While the Hummer saleman told me it was the biggest in it's class, but did not show me how much more the sunroof can open.

If you have the FACTORY sunroof, all you have to do is press the rocker button once again after your initial opening. It should open even further. If it doesn't, then it has a glitch. If you have what some dealers put in AFTER they took delivery of the H3's (so they could sell it with an aftermarket sunroof) .. then it's the 'moonroof' and it doesn't open any more than it is already. The moonroof is not nearly as big as the factory sunroof. Does your 'roof' have a really big opening, or, is it the average suv size?

Hummerboy77 10-13-2006 10:43 PM

Yeah I have the factory sunroof. I did open it all the way which is nice, but you do get a lot more wind. The only thing I got that was aftermarket was the remote auto starter. Not that I wanted it but they had them put in all Hummers on their lot. They wanted $1,400 for the remote start and I said I won't pay more than $500 so he took it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmmm3
If you have the FACTORY sunroof, all you have to do is press the rocker button once again after your initial opening. It should open even further. If it doesn't, then it has a glitch. If you have what some dealers put in AFTER they took delivery of the H3's (so they could sell it with an aftermarket sunroof) .. then it's the 'moonroof' and it doesn't open any more than it is already. The moonroof is not nearly as big as the factory sunroof. Does your 'roof' have a really big opening, or, is it the average suv size?