Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Onstar wont recognize my voice! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17072)

mikejr 05-26-2006 01:17 AM

Onstar wont recognize my voice!

Has anyone had trouble with ONstar not recognizing your voice when you try to make a call? It recognizes my voice to initiate "dial" but when i try to say the numbers it just says pardon me or something. Am I not doing something right? I've never had any trouble in my previous vehicles with onstar...i'd say 7 and it would repeat 7......HELP!

dеiтайожни 05-26-2006 02:05 AM

Re: Onstar wont recognize my voice!

By chance do you have dysarthria?

mikejr 05-26-2006 02:05 AM

I tried lowering my voice, raising my voice everything, I am thinking the onstar babe just isnt digging my voice. I'll try it a few more times then off to the deal for some checking. I was in WV and my cell wouldnt work so I was going to try the onstar phone...where you from?

mikejr 05-26-2006 02:06 AM

do I have what??

Its really odd, i have had 2 avalanches that I had no Onstar troubles with and none in my wifes 04 trailblazer.

4Skin 05-26-2006 02:24 AM

OnStar modules are all the same. It all depends on the voice recognition programming.

Take it back to the dealership and have them upgrade.

I believe the TSB on that is #4485FORESTGUMP992.

mikejr 05-26-2006 02:51 AM

forestgump eh?....will the dealer tell me that life is like a box of chocolates?....lol...just had to say it

Racer-X 05-26-2006 04:20 AM

I have the same trouble...try leaning back more. Don't raise your voice too much.

Motohead 05-26-2006 07:03 AM

just try screaming at swearing at her. I hear she likes the forceful kind...

H2 Ranger 05-26-2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer-X
I have the same trouble...try leaning back more. Don't raise your voice too much.

Sounds like talking to the wife.;)

mikejr 05-26-2006 06:37 PM

I figured it out! Seems the other Onstar systems you had to say a number, pause and let the system repeat it, this particular system you just say the whole number and then it repeats it. Sometimes I really do hate technology!

Racer-X 05-26-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejr
I figured it out! Seems the other Onstar systems you had to say a number, pause and let the system repeat it, this particular system you just say the whole number and then it repeats it. Sometimes I really do hate technology!

I did that same thing. My onstar you say one number at a time. A friends onstar in a avalanche you say the whole number at once. I was pulling my hair out trying to make a call on his onstar. :mad: The new system is much better. :(

mikejr 05-27-2006 01:03 AM

i agree with you the new system is better, I did some checking and I guess you can actually set the onstar system for either way which is a cool option. Its come in handy when I am out in the middle of nowhere and need to call the office when my cell doesnt work.

PARAGON 05-27-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec W
LMAO, she never listens either :D:D

that would be because H2 banger doesn't have a wife