Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dealer and I are going to have a nice little chat (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17908)

Lucifer 06-26-2006 06:53 PM

Dealer and I are going to have a nice little chat

I'm just a little pissed off right now:mad: I picked up my H3 from the dealer last Wednesday and didn't expect any problems. This was a dealer transfer from Seattle, only a handful of green h3's with off road and leather in the US. I expected to get a walk through of the H3 before taking it, but the only certified H3 person refused to do a walk through with me because I told his manager that he treated me like a jerk when I first went in to look at an H3. Well no big deal, I guess I can just read the manual.

Next problem, I only got 1 key and 1 remote. Still not really pissed off. Hmm, whats this button for, go to check the manual, no manual. A little pissed off. Go camping the next day and get a flat tire about 10 miles from the nearest Jeep rated road. Oh well, I'll just change the tire. Wow no star key to remove the fucking spare tire. :eek: Tried to remove it with pliers, to no avail. Ended up walking for several hours until I found someone on a 4 wheeler and he gave me a ride back to camp so I could get a monster pair of channel locks to break the nut loose.

I have 2 questions:

What is the standard junk I should have had with delivery of the H3? (Manual, star key ect. )

Can you go to the dealer to get the flat tire repaired, or do you go to a tire shop?

I love my H3, the bugged out eyes on several 4 wheelers and motorcylers as the got passed by H3:D

Desert Dan 06-26-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Dealer and I are going to have a nice little chat

You should have
1 owners manual
2 keys
2 remote
1 star lug key

The jack and lug wrench are inside the back door (or should be)

You can get the tire fixed at a tire shop and then check your waranty

Have fun with the H3!

Ken06H3 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

If you have roof racks, they should have given you keys for them (at least 4).

Next trip, ask about the Dealer Survey that will be coming...

Good luck, hope the experience gets better

HIHUMMER 06-26-2006 07:59 PM

Sorry about your troubles....and what kinda of freaking customer service is that!

I've got this number memorized by now...1-866-790-5600 = GM

fourfourto 06-26-2006 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Theres a little pocket on jack mounting fabric ,did you check there for the key?

usetosellhummer 06-26-2006 08:23 PM

On your chat bring up the satisfaction survey and how you plan to fill it out. Mention that you recived a call from hummer customer service and that you still have to get back to them. Work it!

Wisha Haddan H3 06-26-2006 08:24 PM

No walk-through and missing parts? Yeah, a nice little visit from Lucifer oughta do the trick. Good luck!

Hummer Guy 06-26-2006 08:39 PM

That sucks -- good luck getting all the parts you're supposed to have.

H2 BULLY 06-26-2006 08:58 PM

What a bunch of A$$e$$. :mad:

f5fstop 06-26-2006 10:52 PM

Sorry for the problems.
Owner's manual, is an actual required part for a vehicle to leave the factory site, so one was with the vehicle. In some states, it is illegal to let the vehicle go without an Owner's manual.
Including what everyone else pointed out:
Onstar booklet
Maybe some XM information (can't remember)
Tire warranty (sorry doesn't cover punctures)

I would scream like bloody hell at the dealer's manager, then call Hummer Assistance and place a complaint.

I have a pdf file of the owner's manual I can email you, it does not replace the paper one that is supposed to be in the glove box, but could give you some "bathroom" reading.:D

humma_H3 06-26-2006 11:31 PM

my dealer "walk through" was a joke- the salesman told me that the rear diff lock was the trac control switch and the actual trac control switch was the "tow setting button" (whatever that is/was/never will be) It took a b!tch load of time and all I wanted to do was leave and run something over with my new truck.:D

As for the contents, that has been gone over in depth for you. Mentioning the survey is the best thing to do- the dealerships (especially GM) live off of those surveys (my dealership actually gave us free HUMMER t shirts for filling it out completely satisfied)

Sorry bout all the trouble- hummer life has to get easier from here on out.;)

matt
cincy oh