Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Anyone have Flakey OEM Chrome (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19466)

yat74 08-14-2006 02:38 PM

Anyone have Flakey OEM Chrome

My OEM chrome gas cover is begining to loose its luster, I mean like flaking...:mad: Anyone else have this prob? It may be time to black her out. Anyone have a locking black gas cap cover they are happy with and would like to reccomend?:cool:

HIHUMMER 08-14-2006 04:00 PM

Re: Anyone have Flakey OEM Chrome

It's a natural reaction....it simply mean that your H3 is allergic to bling. It is rejecting the shiny stuff. Only way to cure it is to replace all that nasty chrome with Line-X or black powder coat. ;)

Sewie 08-14-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIHUMMER
It's a natural reaction....it simply mean that your H3 is allergic to bling. It is rejecting the shiny stuff. Only way to cure it is to replace all that nasty chrome with Line-X or black powder coat. ;)

Agreed. :D :D

HummerNewbie 08-14-2006 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Predator and am happy with it. It is a PITA to install but you don't have to drill into your fender and it is on there nice and secure.

DDWH 08-14-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

yup:D

Steve - SanJose 08-14-2006 05:20 PM

My H3 seems to attract bling:) . My RW chrome locking gas cap cover is 1 year old and still looks like new. Maybe they were telling the truth about it being triple chrome plated.

S.

Boar-Ral 08-14-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Wheeling did it for me. The chrome was bubbling and when we were offroad a couple weeks ago, one of the trees that went down the side peeled the chrome off completely. Just another battle scar!

H3HUMMER 09-28-2006 02:06 PM

Mine was flaking and the dealer replace it.

Lex_Ordo 09-28-2006 02:17 PM

My only issue was the rubber 'O' ring gasket that was used on them was broken and falling out.
Apparantly this was corrected by GM and the dealer had a new one to replace mine.
They are made without the rubber gasket now. Well I think I got a nicer looking Fuel door out of the deal than the first one.
No flaking problems though.

H3.007 09-28-2006 02:23 PM

I have a black, locking door that I bought online and I have had absolutley no problems with it. I only had to drill two very small holes inside the gas cap compartment to mount it. It also has 3M tape around the outside, back-side (hidden) edge that adheres to the fender. Installation took all of 15-20 minutes. I can not recall who I bought it from but I am sure I still have the paperwork. I could look it up for you if you are interested.

aggiehummer...er 09-28-2006 02:46 PM

All chroming is a 3 stage process.

Dani 09-28-2006 11:27 PM

No probs w/my fuel door yet but I've had to have all 5 of my door handles replaced. Two of them have been replaced twice.