Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bad news for SG-1 Fans (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19999)

f5fstop 08-30-2006 12:33 AM

Bad news for SG-1 Fans

SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back

SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Stargate SG-1, developed for television by executive producers Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner, is based on the 1994 feature film Stargate. SG-1, which originally starred Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, began on Showtime, then moved to SCI FI after five seasons. The current cast includes Tapping, Shanks and Judge and newcomers Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges. It airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

ROX 08-30-2006 02:35 AM

Re: Bad news for SG-1 Fans

:crying: :crying: :crying: :( Almost as bad as when Star Trek and Voyager went off the air.:rant:

h2co-pilot 08-30-2006 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
:crying: :crying: :crying: :( Almost as bad as when Star Trek and Voyager went off the air.:rant:

HAHA! Rox and another nerd were the first I thought of.:D:giggling:

CP "You wanna watch TV?"

Rox "Sure."

CP flipping...

Rox "Is there any Star Trek on? "

:giggling:

h2co-pilot 08-30-2006 02:51 AM

Ahem....I mean:

I am very sorry.:(

ROX 08-30-2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
HAHA! Rox and another nerd were the first I thought of.:D:giggling:

CP "You wanna watch TV?"

Rox "Sure."

CP flipping...

Rox "Is there any Star Trek on? "

:giggling:

HEY! I was having withdrawals...it was BAD!:D

HummBob 08-30-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back

SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Stargate SG-1, developed for television by executive producers Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner, is based on the 1994 feature film Stargate. SG-1, which originally starred Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, began on Showtime, then moved to SCI FI after five seasons. The current cast includes Tapping, Shanks and Judge and newcomers Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges. It airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

That SUCKS!! First FARSCAPE, now SG-1:violin: :rant: :rant:

When will Ben Browder catch a BREAK!!! :(

h2co-pilot 08-30-2006 02:44 PM

Fuggin' eh!

ROX 08-30-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Fuggin' eh!

:twak:

DRTYFN 08-30-2006 03:46 PM

I can't believe that SG-Atlantis is getting renewed and not SG-1. Atlantis is already lame. SG-1 has so many viable story lines that need to be explored. WTF ever.:lame:
When does Doctor Who start again?

h2co-pilot 08-30-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
:twak:

Shouldn't you be using a laser or vulcan death grip. A stick is so...earthy.;):D

DRTYFN 08-30-2006 04:21 PM

They've actually done a great job with this new version of the show. I'm not sure I'm going to like the 10th Doctor(David Tennant) after having so enjoyed the 9th(Christopher Eccleston). Eccleston just fit the part so well.

KenP 08-30-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
They've actually done a great job with this new version of the show. I'm not sure I'm going to like the 10th Doctor(David Tennant) after having so enjoyed the 9th(Christopher Eccleston). Eccleston just fit the part so well.

Nerd.:OWNED:

DRTYFN 08-30-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
Nerd.:OWNED:

NASSCAR Redneck. VROOOOM VROOOM:OWNED: X53brazilian

DennisAJC 08-30-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
I can't believe that SG-Atlantis is getting renewed and not SG-1. Atlantis is already lame. SG-1 has so many viable story lines that need to be explored. WTF ever.:lame:
When does Doctor Who start again?

That's would be just as bad as renewing Deep Space 9 and Enterprise over Star Trek and Star Trek TNG.:rant:

h2co-pilot 05-12-2007 03:59 AM

:jump:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-12-2007 04:12 AM

another BIG problem with the SciFi Channel is they show more horror the 3R Sci Fi (robots, rocketships, rayguns)